Chicago Local Transfer Interviews

waiting to long,

Did you get interview letter for your wife ?
If not yet, you both go there with one letter ?

I think their birth cert is enough for you.

Received I-485 interview notice

I spoke too soon....my interview notice was sent along with my wife's, but I received it 3 days later. We're both scheduled to interview on the same day (dates in the signature below).

-artemis

Sueh:

We didn't receive interview letter for my wife, and I call BCIS customer service, they said it is too late now to send a request. My lawyer said we should be able to go with one letter. Well, we will just go to see what they are going to do.

wait_to_long

I just spoke with my attrney.
If you both were fingerprinted, you both may get approval at interview place.
She told if your wife's file is at the same floor, they're going to find her files and interview at the same time. (most of them already meved up to the second floor )
However, her file is still at the basement, they're not digging it up.

She said My hubby didn't get fingerprinting notice yet and no meaning to go together. They would not approve without clearing it.

Go together. Hope you both get stamp TOMORROW.
Please post your experience......

Chicago Local Office - Interview Notice Rec'vd

Chicago Local Office - Interview Notice Rec'vd

Both me and my spouse received the interview notice. However, our interview date are 7 days apart - my spouse is scheduled at 11/06 and mine 11/13. I am the primary applicant.

Anybody in the same boat? Please share your experience. My details is as follows:

RD: 08/16/2001
ND: 09/24/2001
TD: 11/2002
1st FP: 01/10/2002
2nd FP: 09/17/2003
Interview Notice Rcvd: Me 10/15/2003 Spouse 10/10/2003
Interview Scheduled: Me 11/13/2003 Spouse 11/06/2003

interview scheduled

Received the interview notice today for my wife and me.
Hope to get the passport stamped at the same day.

RD: 10/17/2001
ND: 11/17/2001
TD: 1/28/2003
2nd FP: 9/10/2003
Interview Date: 11/19/2003

WAIT_TOO_LONG

WAIT_TOO_LONG, how's your invterview going? Hopefully everything is smooth and you finally got your passport stamped.

There is a 7-day gap in the interview date between me and my spouse and I am the primary applicant ( I am with the latter interview date). My laywer told me we should go with my spouse's date with one notice. So my case is similar in some degree with yours. Please share your experience.

Good luck!

Interview result

Not as lucky as IJ, and other applicant here, my passport is not stamped yet. INS officer asked me questions about 30 minutes, eventually, she said "I can't prove your case now, I have to send your FP to Washington DC to do the cleareance check. It might take a couple weeks to a couple months". I am so frustrated. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

For my wife, who has n't received the interview letter, INS officer asked about her A# and entered into her computer to check, then she said to my wife " your file is in NSC, not in Chicago, I have to send a request and bring you in for interview again"

That is our situation, we have to wait again and nobody knows how long it will take.

Good Luck to other interviewer.

Wait_to_long

Waiting to long, when was your last FP done?

Originally posted by waiting_to_long
Not as lucky as IJ, and other applicant here, my passport is not stamped yet. INS officer asked me questions about 30 minutes, eventually, she said "I can't prove your case now, I have to send your FP to Washington DC to do the cleareance check. It might take a couple weeks to a couple months". I am so frustrated. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

For my wife, who has n't received the interview letter, INS officer asked about her A# and entered into her computer to check, then she said to my wife " your file is in NSC, not in Chicago, I have to send a request and bring you in for interview again"

That is our situation, we have to wait again and nobody knows how long it will take.

Good Luck to other interviewer.

Wait_to_long

Waiting to long, When did you do your last FP?

Question for IJ,

Case Transferred to Chicago for me and my wife , Interview is on 11/19/03.

Letter says you must bring your petitioner with you. In my wife's case it is pretty much understandable but in my case, is it my employer ?

Or is it Standard Letter Format they use for everybody ?

I have changed jobs after 20 months of filing I-485.

Please advise ...

Wait-Too_long: I am sorry to hear that your interview was not as smooth as expected. My personal guess is that you didn't do the 2nd FP before the interview if I remember clearly. ( Is that so?) But, on the good side, your fianally went through your interview and now all you have to do is wait for your approval. Best wishes!

M2001 - I asked my lawyer about the "petitioner" thing and he replied me no one is my petitioner in my case. It's just a generic requirements to every one. I guess it's because most of cases handled by local office are based on marriage or other. Confirm wit your lawyer.

FP validity

My last finger printer was done on Nov, 2002. why do you ask this question? does it matter with clearance check?

If you did your FP's in Nov. 2002, they should still be valid. Fingerprints are valid for 15 months, usually. What reason did the officer give you for sending your Fingerprints to DC when they are still valid? Did the officer know that you have done your FP's less than a year ago?

Could you please provide your First and Second FP dates and your Xfer date? Also, who did them (in other words, were both done through Nebraska or the first one NSC and second one Chicago?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Officer explained to me this is nothing to do with FP even your FP is still valide or FBI, this is security clearance
check, everyone has to do it if you haven't have it clear. You didn't hear about yours, maybe it is done and you don't have to worry. That is how officer explained to us, everyone has to do it.

My case :
RD Mar 01,
TD Jul 02 to chicago
2nd FP NOv 2002
back NSC Jan 03,
TD again to Chicago Jun, 03

My wife's case:
RD Mar 01
TD Jul 02
2nc FP Nov, 2002
back to NSC Jan 03
Her offical transfer Notice: June 03, but Never transfer back to Chicago again.

That is it. No choice but wait again.

Sorry to hear that

Officer explained to me this is nothing to do with FP even your FP is still valide or FBI, this is security clearance
check, everyone has to do it if you haven't have it clear. You didn't hear about yours, maybe it is done and you don't have to worry. That is how officer explained to us, everyone has to do it.

My case :
RD Mar 01,
TD Jul 02 to chicago
2nd FP NOv 2002
back NSC Jan 03,
TD again to Chicago Jun, 03

My wife's case:
RD Mar 01
TD Jul 02
2nc FP Nov, 2002
back to NSC Jan 03
Her offical transfer Notice: June 03, but Never transfer back to Chicago again.

That is it. No choice but wait again.

Unfortunately, looks like this is the truth. Everyone has to have clearances,which could take upto 90 days. If you're lucky, they have it cleared before you go in. I guess its bad luck that they did not have all your clearances. On the bright side, your interview is done, so you wont have to wait for one again. Chances are, the clearances got messed up because of all the xfers in your case.

It has happened before to others ( I think Wamu is in the same situation). Lately, everyone has been getting approved without the delay. I hope and pray that they have finished all clearances for myself and my wife. Hope you dont have to wait too long. Contact Senator if you do not hear in 90 days.

How to handle Job Title? In labour I applied for Software Engineer, but my current job title is Sr. System Analyst..

How should I take care of Job Title in Employment Letter that I am going to take for the interview.

Any samples IJ or anybody?

Thanks all !!!

M2001:

what is your job title on your employement letter? you have to stick with it. On my interview, she asked twice about my job title and how long I have been working in the company? She kept the original employment letter.

Good Luck.

wait_to_long is still waiting

My Job Title in Labour petition is Software Engineer and currently working as Sr. System Analyst.

IJ did you have a similar situation. Please reply if you get a chance.

Thanks

M2001:

Make sure your Job Title in Employment Letter is same as in labour Petition. Most companies will give you the letter in the format expected by BCIS, so ask your Company to give it with the Job Title as mentioned in Labour Petition

In my case also, Officer took out the Labour Petition and Compaired the Job Titles with Current Job Letter, and then she kept the Original.

Good Luck

IJ

Originally posted by M2001
My Job Title in Labour petition is Software Engineer and currently working as Sr. System Analyst.

IJ did you have a similar situation. Please reply if you get a chance.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
We received interview letter today. Thanks to late mail arrival, we only have two days to prepare everything.

RD 09/13/2001
Interview Date 10/22/2003

Will post the details after the interview.

I just realized that my passport is expired. DOes that make any idfference or problems....Please let me know if anyone of you have had this issue.