Chicago Local Transfer Interviews

Re: Re: Chiwaiter,Islamabadi and IJ....

Originally posted by IJ
Hi Everyone,

Update from my side:

September 11 has been playing a key role in my GC Process:

September 11, 2001, ND for 485 Application (RD 07/30/2001)
September 11, 2002 TD, cases trasferred to Chicago
September 11, 2003, Recieved Interview Notices for 1 week of Oct

Anyone with Chicago Interview Experience, please tell me:

Q. How long Interview happens ??
Q. What all questions/documents they ask for ??
Q. I'm no longer working for my sponsoring employer, and i was idle for 2 months, until my current Job, which is on W2, will that be a problem ??
Q. My Current Job is in different State, but my residence is in Chicago, will that be an issue ??

I will really appreciate any inputs from people who got interviewed at local office.

I will keep U guys posted with my case details.

Good Luck,

IJ
Congrats and good lluck.... look further up the thread. There are some interview experiences. You may want to post your gap in employment on some other forum for implications. From what I've heard, the interview is just a formality,I dont think that they will dig into the details of your employment history, check with an attorney to be sure.

Re: Re: Chiwaiter,Islamabadi and IJ....

Originally posted by IJ
Hi Everyone,

Update from my side:

September 11 has been playing a key role in my GC Process:

September 11, 2001, ND for 485 Application (RD 07/30/2001)
September 11, 2002 TD, cases trasferred to Chicago
September 11, 2003, Recieved Interview Notices for 1 week of Oct

Anyone with Chicago Interview Experience, please tell me:

Q. How long Interview happens ??
Q. What all questions/documents they ask for ??
Q. I'm no longer working for my sponsoring employer, and i was idle for 2 months, until my current Job, which is on W2, will that be a problem ??
Q. My Current Job is in different State, but my residence is in Chicago, will that be an issue ??

I will really appreciate any inputs from people who got interviewed at local office.

I will keep U guys posted with my case details.

Good Luck,

IJ
Congrats and good lluck.... look further up the thread. There are some interview experiences. You may want to post your gap in employment on some other forum for implications. From what I've heard, the interview is just a formality,I dont think that they will dig into the details of your employment history, check with an attorney to be sure.

Hello savvy_123

Did you finally apply for EAD & AP at LA office?

I am curious to find out since I am also in the same boat.

Thanks
ssp_aks

EAD and AP

Here is my story of getting the EAD and AP from Santa Ana Office

- Sep 2002 - Files Transferred to Chicago
- May 2003 - Moved to Orange County, CA
- Jul 2003 - EAD/AP filed in Chicago - Rejected, we are in Orange County
- Jul 2003 - EAD/AP filed in LA - Rejected, files in Chicago
- Jul 2003 - Reuest sent to Chicago for files to be transferred to Santa Ana Office
- Aug 2003 - Consulted Lawyer if this is case is a candidate for lawsuit and contacted Immigration officers in Santa Ana Office
- Aug 2003 - Files arrived in Santa Ana Office
- Aug 2003 - Personllay went to Santa Ana office to get EAD/AP which was promptly approved and given in a day.

Still waiting to hear from Santa Ana office regarding I-485

Regards
savvy_123

Interview Letter Received

Finally.....

Recd my interview letter from Chicago BCIS for the 29th of october for me and my wife. Here are all my details:

RD 06/12/2001
ND 07/27/01
Ist FP 01/09/02
Xfer to CHI 06/26/02
2nd FP: 05/03/03
Interview Date: 10/29/03

It will have been 28 mos (if i get approved the same day)

Will ypdate once I finish my int

got interview letter

dfagen19, IJ,

Finially, I received my interview letter from INS chicago last Friday for interview on Oct 16, 2003.

dfagen19, the letter you received include you and your wife's A number or just yours? My letter only includes my A number? what is that mean?

could you please share with me how you will prepare? will you take your lawyer with you?

Thanks for your response.

Wait_too_long

I've been watching this thread from the sidelines. After seeing the progress on dfagen19, IJ and wait_to_long's cases, I decided to jump in. My details are below.

Re: got interview letter

Hi waiting_to_long,

We received Individual letters, for my spouse we
received letter after 2 days, infact it was forwarded from
our old address, just like her FP Notice.

So i think, you should be getting something for your spouse by end of this week.

Good Luck,
IJ

Originally posted by waiting_to_long
dfagen19, IJ,

Finially, I received my interview letter from INS chicago last Friday for interview on Oct 16, 2003.

dfagen19, the letter you received include you and your wife's A number or just yours? My letter only includes my A number? what is that mean?

could you please share with me how you will prepare? will you take your lawyer with you?

Wait_too_long

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: got interview letter

dfagen19, IJ,

Wait_too_long

We recieved two separate letters, one for myself and one for the spouse, both on the same day, right address and everything.... Amazing, Huh. If you dont get your wife's in the next week - 10 days, go down there and ask them... As for preparation, just taking all the documents such as W-2's, tax returns we have a child, so the attorney does not expect any questions regarding the bonafide marriage part. There is no need for an attorney to accompany you. He cannot answer anything on your behalf. From what I have hard, you are just asked a bunch of questions and that's it. recently, everyone has been getting approved on the same day, so lets hope the trend continues. Good luck everyone and please update with your interview results.

dfagen19, IJ;

We still didn't receive interview letter for my wife, and I talked with my lawyer if he needs to send a request, he said it is not necessary. He said INS officer will interview both of us. I don't know what we are going to do. Like you guys said, go there after 10 days, or just go ahead, what are your thoughts?

Thanks

wait_too_long

Go downtown

dfagen19, IJ;

We still didn't receive interview letter for my wife, and I talked with my lawyer if he needs to send a request, he said it is not necessary. He said INS officer will interview both of us. I don't know what we are going to do. Like you guys said, go there after 10 days, or just go ahead, what are your thoughts?

Thanks

wait_too_long
Option 1)
Go to 10 w jackson with your wife. The inquiry person shoulld be able to tell you whether the intview has been scheduled for your wife. If that is the case, nothing to worry about.

option 2)
If not, call the congressman and explain the situation.. If its Phil Krane, the person there will call their congressional to see if he can sort it out. If he cannot help, your attorney should jump in, I would think... I'm not sure that you can show up at the interview with your wife without an appointment for her in their system. I would definitely confirm this with another attorney.

dfagen and all

Are the interview time for you and your wife the same? We received interview notices for myself and my spouse. There is
a half an hour difference.

Also my laywer is asking $700 to go to the interview with us.
I am thinking about going ourself or maybe find a cheaper one.
Anybody knows a good lawyer?

Mine is an old case (RD 02/2001)

Thanks!

lynn_2003

Lynn_2003:

who is the primary applicant, you or your wife? We just receive one letter for me, not my wife. My lawyer said no need for my wife to get a letter, she is deriative, INS officer should interview me and her together. I am not sure what he saying is right, I want to find an answer too.

You don't have to ask your lawyer to go with you if yours is just simple case. My case is kind of complicated, I want my lawyer to go with us, but he won't. He said there is no need, he just prepare everything for us, and I will go following his instruction.

Good luck.

wait_too_long

Hi wait_to_long,

I am the primary applicant, we received two seperate interview notices. If I were you, I would go to the interview location to have them look up for your wife. It will do no harm anyway.

Thanks and good luck to you too!

No lawyer at interview

Originally posted by lynn_2003
dfagen and all

Are the interview time for you and your wife the same? We received interview notices for myself and my spouse. There is
a half an hour difference.

Also my laywer is asking $700 to go to the interview with us.
I am thinking about going ourself or maybe find a cheaper one.
Anybody knows a good lawyer?

Mine is an old case (RD 02/2001)

Thanks!
Yes, my wife and my interview are 1/2 hour apart. I'm sure that they know she is the dependent, too much of a coincidence for them to schedule interviews back to back.

I dont see what the lawyer can do for you... By now, I know as much or more about my case than he does (not to mention immigration law). If you have any issues, see the immigration and natiralization act on the BCIS web page. I dont see what he would say or do that would make something happen differently than if you went by yourself. I am not taking anyone with me. As for the price, considering it is more than a couple of hours for the atty just for the interview, plus if its a new atty, he will ask to review the case, for which he will charge a few more hours. I think current atty is your best option. However, I am NOT taking one. I have all issues resolved... I'm taking the BCIS AC21 memorandum and a certified copy of all my I485 related documents (all the way from ETA750 to I485 receipt) Plus proof of continous residence. Look up the thread, usually people are only asked for their W2's and employment letter. Bottomline, I think we will be fine by ourselves. I have spent too much money on my attorney to fork out more money along for a non-essential service.

dfagen,

Thanks for the info. I so much agree with you. I just feel funny, after spending so much money on attoney, and at the last step,
I am alone.

Would you please kindly point where I can get a copy of the the AC21 memorandum? Also I think the interview askes for original I140 approve notice, does your attoney give you the original? What do you mean by certified copy?

Thanks and good luck to us!

lynn_2003

Originally posted by lynn_2003
dfagen,

Thanks for the info. I so much agree with you. I just feel funny, after spending so much money on attoney, and at the last step,
I am alone.

Would you please kindly point where I can get a copy of the the AC21 memorandum? Also I think the interview askes for original I140 approve notice, does your attoney give you the original? What do you mean by certified copy?

Thanks and good luck to us!

lynn_2003

See murthy.com for AC21. Thanks for reminding me about the original requirement. I will ask for orig.