Chest X-RAY question: urgent

eb106032003

Registered Users (C)
I completed my consular processing successfully. My CxR film and original documents were returned to me with no instructions. I know that I am supposed to carry the sealed envelope that contains the immigrant visa and medical reports etc. with me to the POE without opening. Do I need to carry the CxR film to the point of entry. Is it OK if the CxR seal is broken.

In fact, it should have been opened by the doctor who did medical check ups on you. So, it would not be in sealed condition if you were thru the interview process.

So, no issues but do keep in mind you would want to keep this with you for 1 year, I think. Please carry this with you. Best of Luck!!

Thanks. Thats what I figured. The embassy never asked for them either and returned them during document collection itself. Being an MD, I broke the seal of the Cxr to take a look after the interview. You are right that it means that the panel doctor never saw them. I think that he probably just read the report from the radiologist who did the CxR. In Delhi, I went to a panel doctor who did not have on site pathology / radiology so they were done by separate panel providers who sent him the reports.

I should probably become a panel doctor for the US embassy :). Easy work, good money !