chennai out of visa numbers

swm

I had a successful visa interview in 27th Dec. I still have not received the passport and the packet back. Just called the consulate and they told me that they have run out of the visa numbers. The customer service rep mentioned that they may get some new numbers today, and if there are sufficient numbers received, they will grant me the visa. My visa category is EB3. Did anybody faced the similar situation? If yes, how long it took to get this resolved? Can somebody shed some light as what this visa numbers are (customer service rep wasn\'t particularly friendly, and did not want to give much details)? She has promised to call me back though once she knows the number of new visas received. I had assumed that since they have called for the interview, they have enough visas. So naive of me.. I have the flight booked for tomorrow, which seems out of question now.

-Prabhakar

Visa No\'s

are requested from dept. of state and they are used to calculate the numerical ceiling etc. Dont worry you will get the GC, but yes your travel plans have to change now. This has happened to other people in Delhi this month itself, if you check other forums.

Same thing happened to my

It is nothing very serious but I was also forced to change my travel dates from 31st night to I dont know when.

YOu should call the chennai Consulate phone number 8112000 and simply ask for Mrs Lalitha. She is the one handling this case.

She promised me that they will issue the visas from the Jan quota on the 2nd of Jan 2002.
It is frustrating but take it easy now that nothing can be done and atleast our process went smooth. It is a slight delay. relax.

Any idea if this will affect the Jan CPers too ?

Just curious, since they may be using up some nos. from Jan for the folks in Dec...