Checked with my Lawyer...Boy oh Boy

danp

Registered Users (C)
As per my lawyer....

Senate can amend the Bills....or add delete stuff
He is just asking me to wait....atleast for another 3 months....

Danp

You guys should all chill down a little bit before getting over-excited on this news. As others have mentioned before, this is just the first stage. It still has way to go. The bill may get amended, if the senate and\or house is not convinced of the need for all the items. Therefore, continued lobbying is important till the very end.

Don't forget what happened to an attempt earlier this year to recapture around 130,000 visas... senate finally agreed for recapture of 50000 only and that too for Schedule A category.

Other things to note is,
- Clarifications on per country quota.
- Clarifications on whether the order of usage for Schedule A folks will be
Out of main pool of 140K, followed by the latest recapture of 90K(if it happens), then the available visas from their earmarked 50K reserve.

so miles to go before we sleep.

This reminds me of PERM bill, so many back and forth version for at least few years, before It gets finalized.
maybe DOS/INS combo will work better than DOL.

Hopefully this will happen in few months

desi145,

I think this will pass in few months. It will probably not be like PERM. This is attached to the budget bill and they are doing this to get more money !!!
Thus the scenario is a bit different.

Also involved is immigration lawyer's bread and butter here....

what will they do if nobody can file GC given that AP/EAD are ealisy applied/renewed online and that there are only 65000 H1 (as many lawyers as H1s per year). The "immigration lawyer industry" will die without any kind of ligislation....

MDGUTS1307 said:
desi145,

I think this will pass in few months. It will probably not be like PERM. This is attached to the budget bill and they are doing this to get more money !!!
Thus the scenario is a bit different.