Chat sites on Canandian immigration

ravi kant

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am planning to start my Canadian PR process. Does anyone know of good Chat sites like this that can be used to educate oneself.

.....Ravi

No Title

Friends ,

Before you guys keen on jumping into the Canadian Ship , Watch
out for what the heck is going on there in Canada . There is serious
unemployement problem out there . The IT market is totally a different
story there, compare to the American IT market . You get unbelievable
low salary in Canada comparing to America . Taxes will eat most of
your income. The IT canadians are eager to come to America and they
are trying desperately .

I have gone thru this scrap , moved to Canada spending lots of money
for this process but returned to USA within a month .

With S.2045 bill passed try your best to hang in America and not
in Canada .

Good Luck .

No Title

I agree with Facts,
Canadian job market is very bad. Do not waste your money and energy if you have no intentions to stay in Canada. If you are running out of options and don\'t want to go back to your home country then and only then think about Canada.

All Canadian Govt. and Immigration Lawyers care is taxes and fee money. So Canadian Immigration is not fun it costs a lot of hard earned $$$$. If your pocket is full and want to stay in North America then think about Canada, but not as back up plan in case green card fails. Once you are in row for US immigration you will get (with exception of few scary moments), it is a matter of time. I know US immigration process is frustrating but still better than humiliation in Canadian Job market. I have gone through this humiliation. After masters degree in engineering I was paid $27,000 Canadian in 1992, and my employers were thinking that they are doing favor by providing me employment.

Even today, you are lucky if you get professional job in Canada, most of the educated people start with odd jobs (so called blue collar jobs). On average IT person will make between $30,000 to $50,000 Canadian, only a few lucky ones make $50,000. After conversion ($1 US = $1.50 Can) this turns out to be only $20,000 to $35,0000 US. By the way these are gross numbers and after taxes you can imagine what will be left in your bank account. Need not to mention Canadian Taxes are high about 20 percent more than here in USA.

So my advice is, “Do not waste your money on Canadian Immigration unless and until you need it very badly”. Keep your money in pocket work in USA, even if you think you are working like a slave at your present job you are much much better than working in Canada. Most of the Canadian Companies pays cheap and knife of lay off will always be on your throat (with exception of very few good companies).

If you are working in USA but stay in Canada then it is win-win situation. I am talking about real residency not on papers.

Do not think I am scaring people and just tring to BS here. I am talking from experience after wasting 10 years living in both countries. My advice stick to your green card process in USA, and do not donate your hard earned $ to Canadian Immigration Lawyers and Govt.

I am not saying Canada is bad country. If you are in factory job Canada is much much better than USA. If you are professional then think twice. My comparison is in $$$$, and if you already working in USA. For new comers from third world countries Canada is the best.

This is my personal opion, some may agree and some may disagree.

No Title

this might be totally true, but what about Canada as an option for Hi-tech business ? If I want to start a company in Canada, which does business in the US and Canada, providing consulting services, how would you rate Canada in the prospect of starting a hitech firm up there very quickly ?

how would you rate that in terms of making money and the quality of life out there in Canada ? Also, from your experience, how would you rate the health system in Canada ?

No Title

Well, I just passed the interview for Quebec Immigration.
It sounds scary, the job market in Canada.
The reason why I applied for Quebec, is because my employer in
US screwed up the H1B process last yr...that I was on the waiting
list for 4 monthes only to find out I got laid off.
So I am fed up with the US immigration, and I am ready to move to
Montreal. Does anyone know the job market there ? I assume it\'s
different from Toronto.

No Title

myfancyjeans,

You can job shark, a Canadian site. They used to send a lot job openings to me every day, including many in Montreal. You better speak French to live and work in Montreal. Do you decide when to go? A man got to do that a man got to do. Maybe, you\'re a girl.

No Title

In my opinion finding job (a good one) in Quebec will be more difficult than Toronto. First of all French factor, second more jobs in Toronto as compared to Montreal, third economy of Ontario is better than Quebec.

Who knows when Quebec calls another referendum to break from Canada? Then if you want to stay with Canada you will have to move from Montreal. Last time when Quebec lost vote for breaking up ties with Canada, the separatist party leader openly blamed immigrants for his defeat. If you are French speaking then this is plus but if English speaking then it will difficult for you and your kids. However Montreal has a large group of English speaking community.

One more point may not be applicable to you yet but at some stage of life will impact you. All the public school\'s are French means no English in public schools or send them to private English schools or teach English at home. Kids can not talk to rest of North America by learning only French. Good Luck

No Title

Well, thanks for the replies.
I am very fluent in both English and French, so I\'m not worried
at all about language barriers. Does anyonw know a URL other than monsterboard to search for job in in Quebec ? I\'m a web designer.
Thanks.

No Title

It is quite interesting to hear all the comments from people about canadian job problems and so forth. Maybe you might want to check out some facts about how many work permits did Immmigration canada has issued in the last few years: 173,000, out of which most of them are IT based. If there are no jobs, where are all these people going ??
Any clues DetBoy ?? Check out http://www.cic.gc.ca, for some facts.

here is one job site that I have been using:
try http://www.brainhunter.com

No Title

vshah1973 :- The experience of the people who has gone thru this
road is the real fact rather than seeing the web sites like brainhunter.com which contains multiple positings by multiple recruiters for the very few positions available .If you want to go to
Canada , goahead anyway if you are so confident .I have initiated this
thread because I want to let the people know that they are going to have big surprise in Canada .Also I thought my fellow professionals should not throw away their money to Canadian immigration lawyers &
Canadian government . While I was in Canada I felt that , the
Canadian officals are just dumping people into Canada from around the
world especially from Asia & Africa in large numbers and least bothered about their survival .I have seen immigrants wandering in the
Toronto streets & parks without jobs.This was shocking to me .

If you think its just going to be like USA you are totally wrong.If you want to burn your savings do it anyway .

All I am saying is make a visit to Canada and see everything by yourself .

I am not here to panic people but make them aware of false information
provided by Canadian Immigration sites .

No Title

Hi Guys,

I have been reading all your comments and Canada has suddenly started to sound scary. Our six year duration in US is over and we have applied for Canadian PR. we have interview on 8th of November.Does anybody know what to expect at the interview and how long will it take to clear get the PR if we clear the interview. Also wanted to know that if we already have a job waiting for us in Canada, is it still as bad for a year.

Nisha

No Title

Hi Nisha,

Can you please tell me about your canadian interview, like what questions they asked and after the interview was over how long it will take to get the landing papers. Please give me reply.

Thanks,
SS

No Title

Hi,

The interview was easy with questions regarding education and background. to check if they matched what we wrote in the form. the interview lasted around 15 mins. it was good. the interviewer also was good. so don\'t worry and good luck.

nisha

No Title

Hi Nisha,

Thank You for your response. How long it will take to get the landing papers. Did the officer said anything about this after your interview was over. Please reply.

Thanks,

Ss

No Title

She said that as soon as they get the medical report, they will start the processing which might take around three weeks.
nv

No Title

Hi Nisha,

Thank You very much for your response. I have few questions. Did you applied the Canadian Greencard through a lawyer or by yourself? We applied by ourself. Our Interview is on Dec 14th. With the application we forget to put the birth certificates. We took the certificates from Indian Consulate. In the certificate they mentioned that this details are taken from Passport. Will this be any problem? We have done our medical checkup. Sorry I am asking so many questions.

Thank You,
Ss

No Title

Hai Guys:
My brother is in Ukraine. He recently received his Canadian Student visa. But, 2 weeks back, he was interviewed for Immigration visa and told to wait till he\'s informed about which Doctor to go to for Medical check-up. So, the question is: does anybody know if he should wait for the Immign. visa processing(which may take months) or he can go to Canada as a student and try to change status in Canada through Immign. lawyers.
Would highly appreciate any feedback on this matter.

thanks.

Imdad

No Title

Hi Nisha,

Can you please answer the question that I posted. Did you got any response from the Immigration people.

Thanks,
Ss

No Title

Hi Nisha,

Please answer my question. We are approaching our interview date. We need your help.

Thanks,
Ss

No Title

Hi,

No, we did not apply through any lawyer. we did it by ourselves. as for the birth certificates i think you can take your high school certificates or any other document from school which clearly specifies your birth date. take every document you think might be important. it will be a bit of hassle but it\'s worth it. we had even taken my husbands company annual report. it helped. i don\'t think you should have any problem. good luck and relax. sorry to be replying so late, i had forgotten my login password. hope the information helps you.
nisha