CHANGING EMPLOYER IN TIJUANA (MEXICAN CITIZEN)

ivantmj

Hello guys,

Let me tell what happen I'm a Mexican Citizen working with a TN Visa, I found a new job and didn't want it to do all the process of the Visa in the consulate.

So I came to the border of Tijuana and request to the CBP officer that I want it to add a concurrent employer. I pay for the I-94 $6 dollars, the problem is that they didn't charge me the $50 dollars it supposed to charged for the change of status. I ask the officer if they aren't going to charge that $50 dollars and he say no. So I'm a little confused and don't know if I can have a problem later because of that. So if anybody here could help me please, thank you.

Also they review my employer letter they where ok with that. But they asked me for my address where I'm going to live, and I remember the first time with my actual employer they request the address of the company, so I'm confused.

But I have my two I-94 with me.

Also they review my employer letter they where ok with that. But they asked me for my address where I'm going to live, and I remember the first time with my actual employer they request the address of the company, so I'm confused.

But I have my two I-94 with me.

Hey Ivan,

Technically you are not "changing status" as your first post reads. You only added an employer under your existing TN status. If you asked a CBP officer about payment and they didn't require you to pay other than the $6 you should have no problem.

I wouldn't worry about this. You know how we say in Mexico "ya ni le muevas..." ;)

Yeah I've been thinking about it and it should be no problem. I actually went to Mexico and returned for the weekend. I re-enter with my same TN Visa and the new I 94 and had no problem at all and also I started to work in my new job last Monday, so yeah I think everything is okay.