changing company on 6th year of H1B (no PERM yet)

immi5

Hi,

I am on H1B with 13 months left (may be a month extra owing to my physical absence from USA). My current employer filed my PERM last week, and I assume it will take at least 6 months to get PERM and 9 months to get I-140.

However, I am thinking of changing employer . But I am confused aqbout H1B extension. Please let me know:

• If I leave soon (say 9 months left on my sixth year), and my new employer can file a PERM before my sixth year, will I be eligible for a 1 year extension?
  • If I leave soon(say 9 months left on my sixth year), and my new employer can file and complete the process for PERM approved, will I be eligible for a 1 year extension?
  • If I leave after the PERM approval but before I-140, will my new employer be able to file a 1 year extension on my H1B after my sixth year ?
  • If I leave after the I-140 but before my current company files an extension on my H1B, can my new company file a 1 year extension on my H1B ?

I know I am assuming a 6-7 months in PERM and 2 months in I-140 and the process is particular to the person concerned. But provided I am right on timeline, can you please inform me what is the procedure, so that I can make a reasonable decision?

thanks,