1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Canadian Immigration Status in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada - Visiting, Living in, Moving to or Moving ' started by dhlunar, Jul 17, 2016.

  1. dhlunar

    dhlunar Registered Users (C)

    My wife is currently in Canada as a visitor. Her company (US company that has international offices) gave her an assignment in Canada through the end of the year and gave her the paperwork to get her work authorization - under NAFTA Business Inter-Company Transfer.

    Does she physically need to go to the border to activate her work authorization or can she do it at a Canadian immigration office (or airport location) in Canada without having to leave the country? Also, our 11 month old baby will be deviated under her work authorization. Does the baby need to appear at the immigration location for processing also?

Share This Page