Changed job after 180 days, receive REF

mulan

Hi,

My case: PD:12/07/1997
         I-485 RD: 08/16/2000, ND:09/06/2000

I have changed my job on 05/15/2001, last week, my lawyer received a REF
request the employer letter and my EAD copy, my lawyer suggest that I go back to my old contract compony to get a letter, since even though there is a guidance for the new law, INS officers are still waiting for the regulatin to come out, they will hold case like mine, so nobody knows how long I have to wait. Is this true? did anybody hear any approved case like mine? I\'d really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Mulan

No Title

Did you change the job on your own accord or the situation with your company made you to do so?

No Title

which service center???

I think you can get the current employement letter as well... but ig you can get a letter from the old employer for future employment, that would helps, I guess...

MyLadoor, and guys out there might be able to give you more info..

Thanks
icgex

No Title

Are you really NSC? Because RD August, even for RFE is quite a bit of advancement.

As far as Employment verification, why would your old company give you a verification letter? That seems awfully stupid of the lawyer to suggest that if so, since that will be violation.

I think eventhough it is a guidance now, if your job is similar than you must be safe, and I think it also requires that you do inform INS of change of jobs if I remember right. I suggest read the guidance regulations again. And talk to better attorney.

No Title

Thanks for the response, I got laid off on March, and after two months, I found a job by myself with a new company.

I filed I-485 to NSC.

No Title

No, The request is not stupid, as the letter can only be intentional showing that your old company would be willing to offer you the position if you get the GC. Correct me if I am wrong.

No Title

As far as I understand not if you are already working for another company. I maybe wrong, but if he/she already has a job with another company,why would the previous company give a letter of intent to hire back.

Besides if he was laid off, then from my understanding, he can change jobs anyway, even without 180 days, from various indications from INS. Like I said, it is better to contact a competent attorney.