Change of Job process after 180 days of I-485 pending....

helper007

Registered Users (C)
Guys , if you change jobs after 180 days of I-485 pending in the same capacity with the new employer...do you need to have another Labor Certification done with the new employer..Can anybody please type down the series of steps with the paperwork here .......

No Title

what u asking ????? are u insane we have discussed this many time read old posts.i know that why someone called u idiot and stupid

No Title

Does one need to have a new labor certification with company B if he changes is job from company A. Show me the link where it was discussed. Yes I am insane if coming to the discussion board and asking any clarifications is insane. You are not just pointing at me but yourself with your unnecessary remarks.

Also, search this board with the word helper007 and you will know how many insane comments I have made in last 1 year. Also if you want to come and check my email box and see how many people\'s email\'s I have responded to who have been stuck with the same situation. Go to the H-1B board and F-1 questions and search again.

I am disappointed at the way people come on this board and destroy the total decorum. I am not coming here now, just for the reason that a few people think that I am not required .

Thanks for Everything, Everybody.

No Title

mnd...if u dont like anyones post u can ignore it....there is no need to insinuate anyone ...

No Title

Helper,

This is exactly where new AC21 law comes into place - If your I485 is pending for more than 180 days and you change employer but stay in the same line of work, nothing but letter to INS is required. The letter should be sent by your new employer and should state your position, job duties, salary etc. You can read all about this in thenew Memo INS has just issued on AC21. go to imminfo.com/news/analysis/breaking news and you\'ll see the post about INS memo on AC21. read it ( I think it\'s on page 9 or 11) and it\'ll clarify things for you. Good luck.

No Title

Maja, Thanks for the clarification. The reason I posted this was because one of the lawyers had told me that you will still need the new labor. I am going to pass all these links and info to him, so that atleast he keeps himself updated..

Thanks again

No Title

Hello everyone,
We are all trying to learn out of this new law. Not all lawyers are aware of the exact fine prints. Only with people like helper and Maja we can learn the things.
The question of location was posted many times at other places but no one seems to know for sure. The same type of job is understood but same type of location?

We still need may feedback from many experts. Please keep this thread alive.

No Title

I don\'t think that there is any restriction on location as the law was about 140 portability. After 180 days your 140 becomes portable and then all you need is a letter from your employer with job title, description and salary. Hope this helps.. also I am not a lawyer so please consult a good lawyer and post any information you get...

No Title

helper007,

Please don\'t go away for the sake of one stupid remark from one single individual. We love to have you on the board. Please ignore the stupid comments.

Pump

No Title

Thanks Pump, I appreciate that. It was just a burst of emotions, I have lost my job, have EAD was lucky and my X employer agreed to keep me on payroll for 180 days...now I am in trouble, because I need a similar job in same capacity. So lot of things are messing up, hope good days will come. The worst thing that hit was CSC slowing down recently....

No Title

Do we need to have a EAD to face this situation. I never applied for EAD. But my 180 days is approching in a month. After 180 days will I need to have an EAD , in case I lose my job and hunt for new one. Please reply !!