Change of Address

mira88

Hi,

I have a question about change of address and I would appreciate it if anyone can help. I submitted an AR-11 form for a change of address online in July of last year. However, I recently called USCIS and they told me that they never got the new address. The agent updated my address on the phone and told me to submit the form online again. I know that as permanent resident I am supposed to notify USCIS about change of address within 10 days so my question is will I be in trouble because of this situation?

Thank you

Hi, I got a letter from USCIS asking me to schedule an Infopass in order to better address my inquiry regarding my change of address. Do i really need to do that? I don’t mind going but it seems like this is for someone who has a pending application and I don’t.

You really shouldn’t have been contacting USCIS to confirm your change of address several months after submitting an online change of address form (which would have given you a confirmation email back then).

Anyway, you don’t have any other option (IMO) but to do as requested in order to put all this to bed.

Do you know how long uscis keep ar-11 address change filing record?

I always filed ar-11, but once of twice failed to file, I do not want to get into trouble(deportation) for failure to file. ( I am permanent resident status)

Do you know how long uscis keep ar-11 address change filing record?

I always filed ar-11, but once of twice failed to file, I do not want to get into trouble(deportation) for failure to file. ( I am permanent resident status)

Do you really think the US will deport you for failing to file an ar11? You need to stop being paranoid.

Thank you for replying.

In reality USCIS may not deport for failure to file ar-11,
but my question is in legality/technically can USCIS deport [ under ina 237(a)(3)(a)] someone who failed to file address change 4 years before, but have no criminal record, other than one failure always filed ar-11 when moved to different places and maintained GC status.?

Also how long to keep ar-11 filing record proof?