Change in the processing speed from January?

ayonrakib

Hi Good People.

Should there be a change in the processing speeds(I130 for spouse of Green Card Holders living in overseas) from January as the new president is coming in?

Thanks in advance.

No, the processing speed at uscis is not determined politically, it is dependent on the number of applications, the priority given to different types of visas (example spouse of green card holder has less priority than spouse of citizen but more than some other categories) and how many are in line ahead of yours.

Thank you Suzzie for the explanation. I have heard on YouTube that the delays in family processing was intentional and the timing was elongated from the administrative decision, is it wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you Suzzie for the explanation. I have heard on YouTube that the delays in family processing was intentional and the timing was elongated from the administrative decision, is it wrong?

Thanks in advance.
You should always be wary of what you hear on YouTube. What did happen, is that certain categories are banned from visa issuance, so wait times for an interview (also due to covid shutdowns) have gotten longer. But petition processing is not affected. If what you meant was wait for a visa interview, those should restart from next year. But there is a big backlog now and likely a long wait.