Change in Concurrent filing?

anxiousOR

Registered Users (C)
HI, Guy,

I just read something online. In one of the attorney's website, they say from now on, BICS will stop giving EAD and AP to spouse or children of the main filer untill the I-140 is approved. But they will continue processing the EAD and AP of the main applicant. Has anyone heard of this? Seems like BICS and the immigration attorneys had a conference last week, I am wondering whether this is the latest. I am really worried about it.

Any input is appreciated.:(

New policies might have been in effect since I applied with ND 05/09/03 I received both EAD card and AP approval mid June. EB3. INS VT. :D

Disgusting

Guys,

If this is true then it is certain that INS is there to screw us:

They will issue EAD for the main applicant but he/she cant use
it (AC21) till 140 is approved.

The spouse can actually use the EAD but now they will not issue the EAD for the spouse.

Does it make me sad or does this make me angry? :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Luckily I got the EAD for my spouse just in time

THIS IS NOT TRUE

MY attorney talked to officers in Vermont recently and they said that the article was bogus...there is not such rule in place there..apparently the correspondent talked to one of the junior ( newly recruited officers) in vermont and that was the reason for this confusion....We have verified it and thats not the case. We are still receiving EAD approvals in our company.

Waiting!

In my case reply to RFE has been received by BCIS on May 9, 2003 and still no news of EAD or any approvals. Status of I-140 says "....taking between 30-360 days...." and status of EAD is still the same as was before.

Since, they do a cursory review of I140 before approving the EAD, they might have found some discrpency in you I140 and issued an RFE. Once they evaluate your RFE, they will give a go ahead for your EAD processing. And if you are lucky, they might approve your I140 then and there before your EAD processing starts..We have seen this happening for some people in our company. God knows you might also be the lucky one