Change address and EAD clock stopped

ItsMe

Hi,

My clock stopped at 103 days after I moved to a different state and change my address. It's been 160 days since my asylum application was accepted but my online status still reads "Your case has been pending with USCIS for 103 days, not including delays, and the USCIS portion of the EAD Clock is currently running." Its been over 50 days since the clock stopped. I would like to find out the average time the clock normally stopped after a change of address before it resumes counting. Should I apply for EAD now or I should keep waiting for the clock to resume? How can I find out if the prolonged stopped is due to a glitch in their system?

You can change your address in deep you have to! Within the first 10 days since you moved! BUT what i think is happening to you is that you moved to another state outside the region of you Asylum Office, for example if you live in Illinois, your Asylum case is going to be taken by the Chicago Asylum Office, but if you suddenly notify you change to address to Florida, then your case have to be transfer to the Miami Asylum office, and that probably is what stopped your clock, because that case transfer between different Asylum offices take time and its considered a delay on your own.

You can change your address in deep you have to! Within the first 10 days since you moved! BUT what i think is happening to you is that you moved to another state outside the region of you Asylum Office, for example if you live in Illinois, your Asylum case is going to be taken by the Chicago Asylum Office, but if you suddenly notify you change to address to Florida, then your case have to be transfer to the Miami Asylum office, and that probably is what stopped your clock, because that case transfer between different Asylum offices take time and its considered a delay on your own.
Thank you. Like how long would this delay last?

To be honest, i am not totally sure, my recommendation is to talk with a lawyer.

Like i said before, i suppose that was what happen with your case! But more details are needing to be totally sure... for example what states are we talking about.

If my assumption is true, your clock will run again when the new Asylum Office where your case belong now schedule your interview and you go to it!

Hi,

My clock stopped at 103 days after I moved to a different state and change my address. It's been 160 days since my asylum application was accepted but my online status still reads "Your case has been pending with USCIS for 103 days, not including delays, and the USCIS portion of the EAD Clock is currently running." Its been over 50 days since the clock stopped. I would like to find out the average time the clock normally stopped after a change of address before it resumes counting. Should I apply for EAD now or I should keep waiting for the clock to resume? How can I find out if the prolonged stopped is due to a glitch in their system?
Hi. Same happened with me. Can you please tell me have your clock started moving?and when. I am so worried.Thanks

its been over 75 days it stopped and has not resume.
Just an update, I called 800-375-5283 and try all the options until I was connected to an agent. The agent took my zip code and use it to provide me my local asylum office. I call the local asylum office but they said i can only send emails. I sent an email and got a reply after 4 days that my clock is currently running and it is 194 days and that I can apply for EAD.

Just an update, I called 800-375-5283 and try all the options until I was connected to an agent. The agent took my zip code and use it to provide me my local asylum office. I call the local asylum office but they said i can only send emails. I sent an email and got a reply after 4 days that my clock is currently running and it is 194 days and that I can apply for EAD.
When did you apply?
Have you had your interview yet?

After your clock resumes
It’s started from zero or previous days where it stopped it’s counted from there??
Plz can you reply

Please I need advise on this platform.
What is the implications of using my ead card to work and paying tax in another state outside where my asylum case is pending as I do not wish to transfer my case to another jurisdiction since am only waiting for decision after my interview?

Please I need advise on this platform.
What is the implications of using my ead card to work and paying tax in another state outside where my asylum case is pending as I do not wish to transfer my case to another jurisdiction since am only waiting for decision after my interview?
I've heard that if you transfer your case to another office after your interview, it won't delay the decision because the adjudication will be done by the same office.

Do you have anyone in your former place of residence to pick up any mail from USCIS?

I've heard that if you transfer your case to another office after your interview, it won't delay the decision because the adjudication will be done by the same office.

Do you have anyone in your former place of residence to pick up any mail from USCIS?
Yes I have a reliable person that can pick my mail. Can I still leave the case while I move to another state to work?
I learnt that the process of moving the case to another jurisdiction may delay the decision

Yes I have a reliable person that can pick my mail. Can I still leave the case while I move to another state to work?
I learnt that the process of moving the case to another jurisdiction may delay the decision
I'm considering doing the same thing next year, especially because the processing times will drag on for years due to COVID. I'm not entirely sure and I'm going to ask my lawyer about it in two weeks. I'll give an update here

When did you apply and where was the office?

I'm considering doing the same thing next year, especially because the processing times will drag on for years due to COVID. I'm not entirely sure and I'm going to ask my lawyer about it in two weeks. I'll give an update here

When did you apply and where was the office?
Chicago, my form was accepted in December 2019, and interview was Feb 2020.