Chances to get an approval on the visitor visa after a long immigration history

cosmo.kramer101

Registered Users (C)
Hello, experts! I am in a need of your opinion/input.

This is how the case goes.

In 1995 entered the USA on the B2 visa, visiting a close friend.

Subsequently successfully extended the stay 3 times.

Then in 1997 had a political asylum case opened.

Then married a DV lottery winner and successfully adjusted status to LPR, political asylum case was closed before the master hearing took place.

5 years later got separated with the spouse and had to leave the USA (not for the home country though) for personal health reasons and stayed outside the USA long enough to be deemed as have abandoned the LPR status.

Last and this year made 2 unsuccessful attempts to restore the LPR status via applying for the Returning Resident Visa at the local consulate.
After the 2nd unsuccessful attempt turned over my GC to the USCIS office at the consulate and executed the I-407 abandonment form.

I have a job, a property outside the USA.

QUESTIONS I have:
What do you think the chances are now to obtain an approval on the B2 visitor visa for the purpose of visiting close friends (same as in 1995) in the USA? (for the entire family : ([new]spouse and a minor child)

Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Like any other B visa applicant, you will need to overcome 214(b). Had you applied for a B-2 visa when you executed form I-407, your chances would have been better.

What do you think the chances are now to obtain an approval on the B2 visitor visa for the purpose of visiting close friends (same as in 1995) in the USA? (for the entire family : ([new]spouse and a minor child)