CGI-NY Tracker

desikuda

Registered Users (C)
Mail application 04/08/2006
When checking at web site it says "not yet registered"
if you have applied at CGI-NY please post your timelines

Mailed the application on 4/4/06 and received by CGINY on 4/7/06.
Status: Yet to register in concerned mission or something to that effect.

Again posting:

Sent Part B and was received: Mar. 29th 2006

sv2707 said:
Again posting:

Sent Part B and was received: Mar. 29th 2006

Update: Case is now gone into processing
File Number: USAN0028XX06.

Many file numbers are now in processing stage. The last approved one is USAN00240106 today.
I have more than 400 cases to go! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Processing rate at CGINY

It seems like they are processing at the rate of 60 cases a day.

Went to "Under Process"

today!!!!-- Here's my time-line

04-04-06 - Mailed in application, only 2 photos (attached on form), etc.. to CGINY
05-16-06 - Went to "Under Process"
Please give me "GRANTED" soon!!!!- I need to go to India!!!!!!

ASGK said:
today!!!!-- Here's my time-line

04-04-06 - Mailed in application, only 2 photos (attached on form), etc.. to CGINY
05-16-06 - Went to "Under Process"
Please give me "GRANTED" soon!!!!- I need to go to India!!!!!!
I have identical timeline as yours. I checked this afternoon and it said 'file yet to register' carp. After seeing your message I just checked it and sure enough the status came up under process. Thanks buddy.

MPotturi,

I hope we all get our OCI cards soon!!!- Though, I cannot wait for it, because I have to go to India May 29th, and I don't even think it'll say granted by that time!!!! But, the strange thing is, my bank says that my money order hasn't been cashed in?????? Is this your case too? And could I get the OCI sticker, visa, booklet, etc... while in India??? I hope I can, because I may need it for the purpose I am going?????

Thanks, and best wishes to you too, to get the OCI soon,

Granted

I have been granted today.

As of now (11:17 AM EDT) they are at 2874.

So good luck to all.

For all those who can not part with their US PP, or need the OCI immidiately, please go personnaly for the stamp, once you receive the email or letter from CGINY.

ASGK said:
I hope we all get our OCI cards soon!!!- Though, I cannot wait for it, because I have to go to India May 29th, and I don't even think it'll say granted by that time!!!! But, the strange thing is, my bank says that my money order hasn't been cashed in?????? Is this your case too? And could I get the OCI sticker, visa, booklet, etc... while in India??? I hope I can, because I may need it for the purpose I am going?????

Thanks, and best wishes to you too, to get the OCI soon,
I did not enquire with my bank on the money order. To tell you the truth, I do not care about it. It is upto them to worry about cashing the MO. I am at peace to know that my application is being processed. Good luck on your situation.

How to cancel OCI?

Hi friends - I had submitted the OCI application for my 2 kids in New York. The application was received on May 1st 2006. The status is "File not registered..." My wife and kids have to travel back to India in June and I can't wait for the OCI to complete. Therefore I am planning to personally go the Consulate in NY this week and cancel the OCI application and then apply for a PIO card for my 2nd kid (first one has a PIO). If PIO card does not come in time, I plan to again personally go and apply for a visa. Can someone please comment if this is the way to approach my problem? Thanks in advance.

PS: Also this is the first time I am going to the consulate. Please provide any helpful tips.

Why is there no

activity after 20th May on the File #s on the MHA status site for NY???? The last time I checked, it was 307.. something like that!!!!! And then, it's not moved at all!!!!!

Another question- For Indian Visa, can a Spouse go or does only the person who's applying for the Visa has to go?????
Thank U-

Status changed to Granted

The status on my case has changed from under process to granted today. Looks like MHA is on a mission to break record or something.

pvarma said:
Hi friends - I had submitted the OCI application for my 2 kids in New York. The application was received on May 1st 2006. The status is "File not registered..." My wife and kids have to travel back to India in June and I can't wait for the OCI to complete. Therefore I am planning to personally go the Consulate in NY this week and cancel the OCI application and then apply for a PIO card for my 2nd kid (first one has a PIO). If PIO card does not come in time, I plan to again personally go and apply for a visa. Can someone please comment if this is the way to approach my problem? Thanks in advance.

PS: Also this is the first time I am going to the consulate. Please provide any helpful tips.

I don't exactly know your requirements but from what I can see if you expect your family to return to US from India trip, then leave the OCI processing ongoing and just get a Six months entry visa for your child.

When they return they can get their OCI card.

At this time CGINY is processing OCI cards rapidly but it is not likely your children will get their OCI cards until end of June.
Ex. My case - Sent OCi Mar. 29th (Part B received at Consulate)
Granted - May 20th
U visa sticker not yet received by CGINY form New Delhi

Now you can of course go there and if they did not begin processing your applications, maybe they will allow you to withdraw.

----
At the consulate take a token for Passport section and not Visa to discuss OCI. This section will be to the left of you as you enter the consulate.

Do not wait for your token number to come up, just go to the left most counter which is 'Information/Inquiry' and explain to the person there. They are usually quite patient.

Take all the paperwork for the visa and in case you choose to apply for the visa or PIO card then you can process them there itself.
Of course you will have to take a visa token. A tag team operation with a friend would be helpful.

If alone go early so that you have enough time to address both issues. They do not issues token after 12:00 noon. eventhough they are open until 12:30 PM. At 1:00 PM they go to lunch until 2:00 PM. Any oversubscription of tokens would have to wait until 2:00 PM to start addressing the cases. They will issue only after 4:30 PM.

That means your day is shot!

Last edited by a moderator:
ASGK said:
activity after 20th May on the File #s on the MHA status site for NY???? The last time I checked, it was 307.. something like that!!!!! And then, it's not moved at all!!!!!

Another question- For Indian Visa, can a Spouse go or does only the person who's applying for the Visa has to go?????
Thank U-

Since you can mail your visa application, or use a courier service to process visa, I on't think you need to be there is person for applying for Visa. Thus a spouce or friend can do this for you.

sv2707 said:
Since you can mail your visa application, or use a courier service to process visa, I on't think you need to be there is person for applying for Visa. Thus a spouce or friend can do this for you.
Good deduction there sv2707! :)

My family is not returning back. So can I allow the OCI application to run in the background while I take a visa? One of my kids has a PIO and other has nothing. I hope they will allow me to withdraw my OCI application. Is there a speed service for PIO? Really appreciate your response. Thanks
-----------------
sv2707 said:
I don't exactly know your requirements but from what I can see if you expect your family to return to US from India trip, then leave the OCI processing ongoing and just get a Six months entry visa for your child.

When they return they can get their OCI card.

At this time CGINY is processing OCI cards rapidly but it is not likely your children will get their OCI cards until end of June.
Ex. My case - Sent OCi Mar. 29th (Part B received at Consulate)
Granted - May 20th
U visa sticker not yet received by CGINY form New Delhi

Now you can of course go there and if they did not begin processing your applications, maybe they will allow you to withdraw.

----
At the consulate take a token for Passport section and not Visa to discuss OCI. This section will be to the left of you as you enter the consulate.

Do not wait for your token number to come up, just go to the left most counter which is 'Information/Inquiry' and explain to the person there. They are usually quite patient.

Take all the paperwork for the visa and in case you choose to apply for the visa or PIO card then you can process them there itself.
Of course you will have to take a visa token. A tag team operation with a friend would be helpful.

If alone go early so that you have enough time to address both issues. They do not issues token after 12:00 noon. eventhough they are open until 12:30 PM. At 1:00 PM they go to lunch until 2:00 PM. Any oversubscription of tokens would have to wait until 2:00 PM to start addressing the cases. They will issue only after 4:30 PM.

That means your day is shot!

My update......

Hello Friends,

I thank you all for responding to my earlier posts. Although I knew that you can get a Visa thru' a Spouse, etc.... I thought I'd go and ask about my OCI status as well, because my OCI was granted and printed on May 24th, and Ms. Thekkat e-mailed me that it'll be dispatched within a couple of days, and I can go collect it from CGINY next week, but MY AIR Tickets are booked for May 29th- Monday, so, I don't think it can happen that I can get my OCI card, reg.... etc.... before that??????-- Alas!!!!!!- Just 2 days, and I would have gotten it!!!!!-- but atleast Kudos to MHA and CGINY to give it to us so sooooon!!!!!--

Just thought I'd let you know what's going on with me!!!!1

Good luck to all,

ASGK said:
Hello Friends,

I thank you all for responding to my earlier posts. Although I knew that you can get a Visa thru' a Spouse, etc.... I thought I'd go and ask about my OCI status as well, because my OCI was granted and printed on May 24th, and Ms. Thekkat e-mailed me that it'll be dispatched within a couple of days, and I can go collect it from CGINY next week, but MY AIR Tickets are booked for May 29th- Monday, so, I don't think it can happen that I can get my OCI card, reg.... etc.... before that??????-- Alas!!!!!!- Just 2 days, and I would have gotten it!!!!!-- but atleast Kudos to MHA and CGINY to give it to us so sooooon!!!!!--

Just thought I'd let you know what's going on with me!!!!1

Good luck to all,

Keep monitoring the OCI enquiry page.The day it says received by CGINY,run to the consulate and get your OCI card ! But then that is Memorial Day weekend so the chances are very slim.
IF your trip is small there wont be much of a difference if you travel with visa or OCI.IF you wanted to make investments in your son's name on this trip,legally they are OCI's from the date of Granted (24th May) so that too wont be an issue -but you cant prove it of course :)