CGI, Houston passport delays

second stage

Registered Users (C)
I find it hard to understand what takes them so long to affix the sticker and mail the passports the next day???

Is there a way to sue CGI so they disclose their processing methods and/or to find out if they have adequate staff? This will be helpful to rest of the applicants down the road....Any thoughts or other solutions to expedite this process?

CGI may be short of staff

I am sure that they are short of staff. They probably need to hire sub contractors to push this activity.

I am sure that they are short of staff. They probably need to hire sub contractors to push this activity.

sure, they're short on staff but even if you give a 100 subs..they will still be like that...I would be surprised if they don't..

my experience tells that their mailroom staff is pakka desi govt employees...one time, they had my passport renewal prepared but kept with them more than a 3 weeks (I can tell this from the date my passport was renewed)

none of their listed phones work..not even lets u leave a voice mail..

the only thing that worked for me is a very harsh and RUDEly worded faxed letter....faxed at 3 PM on a working day..my passport came right in the next day over night delivered...

I won't trust them with their promised timeframe of 10 days for sending the passport back with U sticker...thats why I am planning to drive to Houston to get the sticker (now when that be is questionable..waiting for acknowledgement of OCI app)..

if you are not in time crunch..wait it over...or try faxing a letter....

if you are not in time crunch..wait it over...or try faxing a letter....

I have done the following :-
1. Faxed twice in the last 2 weeks to all the #s posted on the website..

2. Emailed two times in the last 2 weeks.

3. Tried calling numerous times..was only able to reach an operator who took
down my info and promised to pass on the information..

What else can I do? I figured I can wait 3-4 weeks and save myself from flying to Houston..looks like that might have been a bad choice now..and its just expensive to fly on a short notice anyway!:mad: