Certified Perm Lost by USPS

jadoo85

Registered Users (C)
Unfortunately our certified PERM petition was lost by USPS. Is it possible to request a copy from DOL?

Thanks.
Jadoo85

If that is the case, you can go ahead with filing your I140 and request DOL to resend the certificate. DOL will send it directly to USCIS

I had posted this yesterday already, but it answers your question.

My lawyer received the hardcopy today (after 9 business days).

Interestingly we had contacted Chicago processing center earlier to ask about the hardcopy status.

Here's what they wrote (I hope it helps):

If you have not received your certified Form ETA 9089, please wait at least 15 business days before assuming the certification is lost in the mail. If you have not received your certification after 15 business days, or if you are requesting a replacement certification for any other reason, please follow the procedures for requesting a duplicate certification described in 20 CFR 656.30(e). The duplicate certification cannot be sent to you; it can only be issued to a Consulate (Consular Officer) or US Citizenship and Immigration office (Immigration Officer) and only after a visa application or petition has been filed and the tracking number has been assigned. Please continue processing your case through Immigration in order to obtain a tracking number. If you already have filed a visa application and been assigned a tracking number, you may request a duplicate certification by following the procedures described in 20 CFR 656.30(e)(2). Please direct any request for a duplicate certification to plc.chicago@dol.gov , and indicate in the subject line that you are requesting a duplicate.

Sincerely,

Chicago National Processing Center

jadoo85 said:
Unfortunately our certified PERM petition was lost by USPS. Is it possible to request a copy from DOL?

Thanks.
Jadoo85

Do you know if you can still file 140/485 without receiving certified copy. And once you have a copy you can submit that?

My perm just got approved and wondering if I can file without the copy. and send the copy later

I have a similar problem too...

My old lawyer lost the approved labor certification!!
It was at Dallas Backlog center and they received it November 28th. They just told me they can't find it, so couldn't forward it to my new lawyer!

I am so frustrated!

The new lawyer says USCIS will already have a copy - apparently the Backlog send them a copy when the original is mailed to the lawyer.
Can I file I-140 and I-485 and then ask for a copy???

I am worried about retrogression coming soon - EB-2, Worldwide (current for now).

With PERM it is faster...but with the backlog centers, it can really take a long time, but you can certainly ask them to furnish a fresh copy of your labor cert.

Well, my new attorney said the copy comes from the USCIS, not the Backlog center directly.

However, if there is going to be a significant delay because of my previous attorney's careless (which he admitted to), I guess I will be litigating against him - several attorneys I have spoken to have recommended this. Doesn't solve the problem, but at least I can be compensated.

Good news! USPS delivered our certified PERM to my attorney 19 DAYS after I mailed it. (Never use Priority mail.....)

Thanks.
jadoo85

Thanks, gc_2006

gc_2006,
Thanks for sharing the email from DOL about the procedure for lost perm hard copy. After sharing this information with my attorney, they are now proceeding to file I-140.
I hope the DOL will forward the duplicate copy soon.

Thanks once again.