Certified certificate - N600

Marais

Registered Users (C)
What does certified certificate means? does this mean notarized?
Appreciate your inputs.. Thanks

Huracan,

Birth certificate - A certified birth certificate or record issued by a civil authority n the country of birth.

Marriage certifiacte - Certified marriage certificate issued by a civil authority in the state or country of marriage.

Huracan,

Birth certificate - A certified birth certificate or record issued by a civil authority n the country of birth.

Marriage certifiacte - Certified marriage certificate issued by a civil authority in the state or country of marriage.
Certified copies of birth and marriage certificates are what most people normally just refer to as birth and marriage certificates and are what you are given when you register a birth or get married etc. You never actually get the original - that is held by the issuing authority. Instead, you get a copy that they certify as being genuine - hence the terminology. Typically, if that copy is lost they can issue another one.

Thanks dms1 for your explanation. So, basically we need to make a photocopy of our original certificate and send them along with the application.

Thanks dms1 for your explanation. So, basically we need to make a photocopy of our original certificate and send them along with the application.
It depends what they are asking for:

1. If they want a certified copy then you need to send what you consider to be the original, for example, in the case of a birth certificate, the thing you were given when registering the birth.

2. If they will accept a copy then just make a photocopy of what you have and send that.

3. If they want a notorized copy then make the photocopy and get a notary to affirm that it is indeed a valid copy of the copy that you hold.

Huracan, did you just take a copy of birth certificate and marriage certificate for your child while filing N600? Or did you send notarized copies? thanks

Send them a photocopy of the documents if you'd like. I didn't send copy of birth certificate or marriage certificate as I assumed they could retrieve this from our A-files. It worked for me. I am not sure how it will work for other people. At most I would just send photocopy of your marriage certificate and the child birth certificate. I wouldn't go through the trouble of notarizing the copy. That's my take. You can always take the originals to any interview if they call you for that.