Case stuck in Name Check

Marker

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Gurus,

I applied for the citizenship in Sep'06 and had my Finger Printing done in Oct'06. After that there was no reply from USCIS.

I inquired about my case in Aug'07 and got a reply that my case is in the name-check.

I really do not know what should I do now, its been over a year.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks very much!

You Are Not Alone !

Hey Marker..I am in the same boat as yours...applied in Sept 06 & fingerprints done in Oct 06....has never heard of a thing EVER SINCE!!!
Called CIS customer service TWICE ( June & Sept 07) ...both times I received letters from them telling me "stuck in name check" ....NOTHING you really can do at this point from I've read from this forum ...Yes, it has been over a year...and the waiting game goes on and on and on....

My advice to you..live your life as usual....do NOT let this bureaucracy bother you. Peace !!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Me the same

My N-400 priority date is October of 06, there is nothing ever since except completing the finger print in last Nov.

I agree with Texan93, live the life as usual. When the pending time is accumulated to 2.5 years, file a WOM.

I just recently receievd my interview letter. My case was stuck in security checks for more than 17 months. I did not do anything after waitng for 14 months. My case did not have any progress until I sent letters to the elected officers. I really do not think my security checks could be cleared so soon if I did not send those letters. It's your call whether to wait or take some actions.

Name check...

Hey Marker..I am in the same boat as yours...applied in Sept 06 & fingerprints done in Oct 06....has never heard of a thing EVER SINCE!!!
Called CIS customer service TWICE ( June & Sept 07) ...both times I received letters from them telling me "stuck in name check" ....NOTHING you really can do at this point from I've read from this forum ...Yes, it has been over a year...and the waiting game goes on and on and on....

My advice to you..live your life as usual....do NOT let this bureaucracy bother you. Peace !!:)

I applied in Oct 06 and found out that I was stuck in name check in Feb 07...no update since then. I wrote to the local senator - they confirmed the same thing...the waiting seems endless!:rolleyes:

There are thousands, including me, in the same boat. My sincere advice-be patient and wait. Do not waste your hard earned money on attorneys. WOM is no more an option in most cases. Good Luck!

is your name similar to any of the following?

Al-Yazir Ima Fhatti
Mohammed Al Wank'han
Bhati Al-Boya
Darkanzali Al'boobslim
Yasser Marrowfat

could explain the delay.