Case Status Retrieval Failed

Zw1

Registered Users (C)
When I look for my wife's application I get the following:

This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

Anyone know what this means? should I contact Texas Service Center??

That's one of the least reliable systems around. Did she just apply, or did she apply more than a month or two ago?

If she just applied, she may not be in the system yet (not a big problem, folks normally show up eventually). If she applied some time ago, then she might have "disappeared". Disappearance is often (but not always) a good sign. Most folks "disappear" a week or three before their interview letter shows up.

Of course, since this is the USCIS, it could be anything at all. That site is there mostly to confuse applicants, as far as I can tell.

What does your wife's timeline look like?

The interview letter may be on its way

Somewhere else in this forum, I read that case disappearance is usually a sign of IL notification (may be not always). I had the same situation in my case and called the customer service to confirm if in fact I was getting the IL. The customer service transfered me to an IO who did confirm that an IL letter was/will be mailed (did not give me the exact date of interview though). So, relax and check your mail.

Case disappearance

FP was done on 02-01-07. Our case disappeared on 02-13-2007 and received IL on 02-17-2007. Dont worry.

wife's timeline
was
PD 8/29/06
FP rescheduled from 9/19/06 to 11/9/06
case disappeared 2/23/07

this is for Texas service center, do west palm beach, fl

Could it be reversed ?????? IF IL has been sent then CASH STATUS should be disappear ?????????. Or you can still access ur online status.....

Yep not uncommon. Mine was the same the reciept number was non existant. Called and they told me that it sometimes will show up on the website and other times it won't. She said it's pretty common for it not to be listed at all...

I got the same message

that was the message I got the whole time during the process. My timeline:

DO Charlotte
PD 10/24/06
FP 11/16/06
ID 4/12/17

so don't worry about it, if you have had FP etc - you need to wait it out.

My FP done on 2/28 and today's status online is:

" Case Status Retrieval Failed "

Hope I will get my IL soon.

Thanks for infor FinalStep, so what exatly will I need for this call? Just my A#?

Thanks again

No problem, after you dail the number, a customer service guy will pick up the phone right the way, then you just tell him that you want to find out the result for your fingerprint, then press 3 after he transfered you. And they will ask for your A# and your name.

No problem, after you dail the number, a customer service guy will pick up the phone right the way, then you just tell him that you want to find out the result for your fingerprint, then press 3 after he transfered you. And they will ask for your A# and your name.

i did as you said and went pretty smooth. never thought a phone transaction with the governement can go so quickly like that. if only, the uscis worked the same way. this was for fingerprint and they actually sent it the same day they got it. how about the name check, is there a way to look into that?

thanks again

When I look for my wife's application I get the following:

This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

What does this Case Status Retrieval Failed mean?

Some here have said it is good. Some here have said it is not always so.
Whats your experience? Have you folks gotten this message? What did it mean for your particular case?