Case send to consulate: What next ?

GreenMD2003

Registered Users (C)
My case was forwarded to Mumbai consulate on Feb 01,2005.
Kindly give me following info Re; P-4

1] What does interview letter contain? [ Name/ DOB/ Documents List etc ?]

2] When should I expect P-4 to reach me?

3]When should I expect my interview?

4] If I do not get P4 before I leave for Mumbai.
Can I collect interview letter [ another copy] one or two days before interview date in person from consulate?

5] If yes, what is procedure involoved ?

6] Anybody has contact info of Myown photo studio of Mumbai?

Thanks for your reply.

Green MD 2003 :)

GreenMD2003 said:
My case was forwarded to Mumbai consulate on Feb 01,2005.
Kindly give me following info Re; P-4

1] What does interview letter contain? [ Name/ DOB/ Documents List etc ?]

2] When should I expect P-4 to reach me?

3]When should I expect my interview?

4] If I do not get P4 before I leave for Mumbai.
Can I collect interview letter [ another copy] one or two days before interview date in person from consulate?

5] If yes, what is procedure involoved ?

6] Anybody has contact info of Myown photo studio of Mumbai?

Thanks for your reply.

Green MD 2003 :)

1) Interview letter will have your name, case number and your interview date & time details. In P4, other than interview letter you will have information on hospitals, photo requirements and other documents required information along with blank DS-230 form(s)

2) Approximately 2 months. Check cptracker.com for a better guess.

3) after 3 months... could be April, May or June for you.

4) If you do not get your P4 you can get it from consulate window (opens 8:00AM) in Mumbai. Keep in mind that you need interview letter for your medicals and I would recommend you keep at least a weeks gap between medicals and interview, specially if you are accompanied by female(s) or have some kind of medical history.

5) Just show up at consulate window with your passport and case number. Even your relatives can pick it up, they need your case number.

6) "My Own Photo Studio" (recommended for immigration photos). Located 2 blocks from US Consulate Mumbai on Bhulabhai Desai Road. 011-91-22-23646247/ 011-91-22-23869629. M-F 9am - 7pm IST.

Hope this helps!

How did you find that your case was forwarded to Mumbai consulate on Feb 01,2005? did NVC(National Visa Center) notified you?

Can you let me know how long did it take for NVC to process and forward your case to Mumbai after it was processed by USCIS department.

What is p-4? if you know that your case is forwarded to Mumbai office can you collect 'p-4' documents from consulate directly? because my understanding is that any documents mailed takes long time to reach because of postal delays and uncertainities, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance
Kan

Last edited by a moderator:
NVC automated system had that info.

I 140 AD: Nov 05
P3 sent to consulate: Feb 01

So took around three months.

NVC automated system? can you provide me some more details . Is this some kind of website where you can check status on your case with NVC or is this some 1800.. number we have to call?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Kan

NVC Automated ph no: 603-334-0700

You will need your NVC or USCIS number.

You can also talk with customer service person [But it's very difficult].

Hope this helps.

I would not suggest talking to the cusomer service rep at NVC. I would rather have the case go smoothly and follow a constant flow... Who know what the rep will do once your case no. is pulled up.

GreenMD thanks for your valuable input and alren I am with you on not talking to Customer Service as I have heard about many cases , delayed due to mishandling of files .

My I-130 got approved by USCIS (CSC) . Priority Date : Nov-15-04

I would like to know when do we need to send the Affidavite of support (Sponsor) , Do we get a notification from NVC that we need to send Sponsor letters to the relative in India ? or is there any other form we need to start filling up while NVC forwards case to indian embassy?

Thanks
Kan

Question

I have question. how would you know that your case has been transfer to Mumbai Embassy. Recently, I filed for my wife at New Delhi. Now how long does it take to my wife to receive case number and her medical interview date. Could you please informe me in this case please send me PM or reply me asap.
Thank you

i Have same question! how long NVC will take to process case or send file to local consulate, and whats the next procedure while im in Pakistan,

hi my case too is in the nvc i THINK IT TAKES SOME MONTHS BUT i HAVE A QUESTION? WHAT HAPPENS TO EOMEONE WITH VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE IN THE CONSULATE? THANKS