case filed in IL transferred to california service center

greencardmaze

Registered Users (C)
hey gurus,
does anyone have experience like this?? parents of us citizen filed i130, i485on Dec. 6th, notice date, Dec. 13th, work authorization and travel documents both already aproved, and fingerprinting done. received a form stating that on March 10th, papers were transferred to California service center.

is this a good thing or a bad thing? how soon should we expect the green card after this?? any similar experience?? thanks a lot for your help!!!

That is the current trend for the parents cases.

Since your case got transferred to CSC, your parents do not have to undergo the Interview process. Someone I know got it approved in a week but simidude's case got approved in 40days after it got transferred to CSC.

Well, my timeline is closer to yours, I'm eager to learn more about your timeline so that I and others can benefit too.

There's a sticky thread in the forum - GC for Parents. It has timelines posted. Will be great if you can add some info to it like when & where the FPs were taken, EAD and AP received and Local DO name.

Please keep us posted.

ok, here's the time line
DO chicago

i130, i485, i765, i131 sent on december 4th
Rd dec6th
nd dec13th
travel document approved feb. 2nd
Fp code 1 and 3 feb. 16( 4 days after a visit to uscis office in chicago to ask why we havent received finger printing)
work authorization approved march 6th
work document received march 10th
uscis site updated on march 17 saying they received my file for processing and it takes between....etc. which was strange, since they received the file in december, not march
march 18th, received a letter stating that on march 10th, the application was sent to california service center.

greencardmaze said:
ok, here's the time line
DO chicago

i130, i485, i765, i131 sent on december 4th
Rd dec6th
nd dec13th
travel document approved feb. 2nd
Fp code 1 and 3 feb. 16( 4 days after a visit to uscis office in chicago to ask why we havent received finger printing)
work authorization approved march 6th
work document received march 10th
uscis site updated on march 17 saying they received my file for processing and it takes between....etc. which was strange, since they received the file in december, not march
march 18th, received a letter stating that on march 10th, the application was sent to california service center.

My mother's case is similar to your parents' situation re: Finger Printing - we still have not received the FP notice and next week, it will be end of 2 months from RD. I am worried too about the delay in receiving FP appt notice. As per advice from experts on this forum, I've scheduled an InfoPass appt. Is that what you did on Feb 12th?

Can you please give a little more info on that? Was it based on your request during InfoPass, that the officer scheduled a FP appt on the spot, for 4 days later?
Did you get a formal notice of biometrics appt (or) did he just ask your Parents to walk-in on Feb 16th for FP? Can you please elaborate a little bit on that? It will give me an idea before I make a similar request.

Did the AP (travel doc) approval, take its normal course or did you have to take any action to speed it up?
Your input will be appreciated - Thanks.

the advanced parol came without any problems... the fingerprinting was delayed. my mother applied 2 months after my father, and she got her fingerprinting before him, so we scheduelled an info pass appointment. the lady at the center was not nice, she said there is nothing she can do, she called someone , who told her to tell us to wait 4 more weeks( i could hear the voice on the phone) she hung up with him, then she told me ... at least 8 more weeks... i guess she didnt know i could hear the call. on the way back, we tried a walk in, but they wouldnt let us, and the lady there started lecturing about how we make appointments before we see a doctor, and that she deserves as much respect as doctors!!!???? it was quite strange, but we just decided to let it go and wait.4 days later, we got the fingerprinting notice in the mail. i dont remember the exact date of the infopass appointment, but this is what happened. i believe the infopass appointment accelerated the process... hth.

i think maybe because one place would have alot of cases and the other few cases, they would change the service centers, and i think its good, because itll take less time. and since ur parents r citizens, it seems 2 b almost complete, u should have it within 2 months.

greencardmaze said:
the advanced parol came without any problems... the fingerprinting was delayed. my mother applied 2 months after my father, and she got her fingerprinting before him, so we scheduelled an info pass appointment. the lady at the center was not nice, she said there is nothing she can do, she called someone , who told her to tell us to wait 4 more weeks( i could hear the voice on the phone) she hung up with him, then she told me ... at least 8 more weeks... i guess she didnt know i could hear the call. on the way back, we tried a walk in, but they wouldnt let us, and the lady there started lecturing about how we make appointments before we see a doctor, and that she deserves as much respect as doctors!!!???? it was quite strange, but we just decided to let it go and wait.4 days later, we got the fingerprinting notice in the mail. i dont remember the exact date of the infopass appointment, but this is what happened. i believe the infopass appointment accelerated the process... hth.

Thanks much for sharing your experience @ InfoPass.
So, it must have been a pleasant surprise for you when you got the FP notice in 4 days, even though they were not quite helpful at IPass. Because it is NBC that schedules the FP appts, it is some what hard to conclude that your DO got in touch with them and then NBC printed and sent you the FP notice - all within 4 days of InfoPass - but may be that's what happened ..... or not.

In any case, I hope the same kind of good luck plays out for us when we make the InfoPass. If so, then the future applicants who have a similar issue can deduce that InfoPass does help with such issues. Do you even vaguely remember how long after the FP notice was the FP appt?

Re: your previous post on the online status - I've seen other members' posts where they were not able to track the I-485 status, until their FPs were done. That probably explains what happened in your case too. My guess is, for such cases, only when FP results are routed to FBI, somewhere in the process, the case gets created online. This is the exact same problem in our case too - I'm able to see I-130, 131 but not I-485 - which seems to be very crucial in the whole process.

Inferring some cases on this forum, it seems to be taking 4 1/2 to 5 months for parents GC thro AOS. Since you didn't get a RFE so far, your parents should get their approval by end of April. Pls keep us posted.

P.S: Your walk-in experience sounds funny ;)
I'm sure I'll get the exact same treatment if I try to do it @ Newark. They probably won't even let me in without the notice, 'cos it's a different building than InfoPass.