case File Review Notice but no interview date or location (newark)

ASWNewark

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I filed N-400 0n 13 jan 2009

Got FP notice early Feb 2009 (Newark, DO)

FP on 18 Feb 2009 (Newark, NJ) (FP was actually in Elizabeth, NJ)

09 March I received a yellow letter (Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check list). The letter told me what to bring to my interview (drivers license), but there was no interview date or location. Should I be worried? I have called the USCIS Customer Service Number many times, but there is no way to get through to a real person (1-800-375-5283).

I just want be sure that my interview date letter did not get lost in the mail. The USCIS website does not give me any information except that my N400 was accepted on 13 Jan 2009.

Thanks,
ASWNewark

The yellow CFR letter is generic and only serves as reminder of what suggested documents to bring to interview.
Give it at least 45-60 days after FP before you start inquiring about interview letter.

You only applied 2 months ago and have now posted the same question in three different threads so be patient.

Welcome to the forum.:).you may want to add your timeline to your signature to give others an idea of how long processing is taking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newark DO

Sent N-400 application on 10 Jan 2009
PD 1/13/09
Check cashed 1/16/09
NOA 12/20/09
FP notice 1/28/09 (received 2/02/09 )
FP Date 2/18/09 (done at Elizabeth, NJ)
CRF notice/ID Check list: 3/3/09 (Yellow letter, no interview date or location)
IL:
ID:
OL:
OD:
PP:
PP:

As of 03/18/09 this is latest.I wll update once I get interview letter

I am back with another question. I registered on teh USCIS website in januray to get auto updates etc. Except of a confimration e-mail I have nothing so far. Also when I check my case status online it says :

On January 13, 2009, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

There was no update for my FP notice, that I have completed FP etc. is this normal? Thanks :)

..There was no update for my FP notice, that I have completed FP etc. is this normal?..

Yes. Case status for N-400 rarely reflects the actual progress of the case (unlike I-140, I-485, etc. where status updates are more accurate and more frequent).