Case Closed Erroneously at BECs

NJ-TR

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Starting this thread for all who have had their case closed by mistake and to detail steps taken to re-open the same.
For the few members who had their cases re-opened, it is taking an average of 6 weeks for this to happen.
Please share your experiences here.

Case Closed for no reason

Dear friend, I am in the same situation. Till yesterday my case was showing as TR in progress although it was filed from TR to RIR and now it shows as closed:confused: :confused: . Has anyone been in the same situation. Also, why does the BEC close cases, my attorney never heard back on any additional infos requested and all of sudden it says closed and I was hoping to see certified. Here are my details
MA, EB3 - TR-RIR
Priority Date: March, 05
RIR-conversion Sent: March 28, 07
Case Status Never changed to RIR
Case Status as of May 29th - Closed
Edit/Delete Message

Dear friend, I am in the same situation. Till yesterday my case was showing as TR in progress although it was filed from TR to RIR and now it shows as closed:confused: :confused: . Has anyone been in the same situation. Also, why does the BEC close cases, my attorney never heard back on any additional infos requested and all of sudden it says closed and I was hoping to see certified. Here are my details
MA, EB3 - TR-RIR
Priority Date: March, 05
RIR-conversion Sent: March 28, 07
Edit/Delete Message
A closed case at BEC means, they were expecting a response from the attorney, for which they claim, they never recieved any. As of now, they do not have a set procedure to follow to get the cases re-opened. Attorney has to get in touch with BEC and hope they respond favourably.

case closed incorrectly during TR->RIR

I got the same response, my case was closed incorrectly while i was waiting for it to convert from TR->RIR.
My lawyer told me that they did not receive my RIR request. This is some messup.

They are going to followup with BEC to reopen my case. They have told me the this would take 2 weeks of time.

MA, EB3 - TR-RIR
Priority Date: JAN, 04
RIR-conversion Sent: Feb 7, 07
Edit/Delete Message

I got the same response, my case was closed incorrectly while i was waiting for it to convert from TR->RIR.
My lawyer told me that they did not receive my RIR request. This is some messup.

They are going to followup with BEC to reopen my case. They have told me the this would take 2 weeks of time.

MA, EB3 - TR-RIR
Priority Date: JAN, 04
RIR-conversion Sent: Feb 7, 07
Edit/Delete Message

Submitted Reply by Lawyer: 05/31
Status CHanged Again to TR DATA_REVIEW: 06/14

Looks like something is happening with my case, I'm sure that it will get CERTIFIED in next few days. Will keep you posted

Submitted Reply by Lawyer: 05/31
Status CHanged Again to TR DATA_REVIEW: 06/14

Looks like something is happening with my case, I'm sure that it will get CERTIFIED in next few days. Will keep you posted

case status changed to : RIR and IN_Progress today 6/18/08

Now waiting for it to get certified

My case was closed by DOL saying that my lawyers did not send the report for RRI sent by DOL. Lawyers said they never received RRI in the first place.

DOL sent the RRI and we filed a response on 05/11.

sp0...what's the status of ur case now?

My case was closed by DOL saying that my lawyers did not send the report for RRI sent by DOL. Lawyers said they never received RRI in the first place.

DOL sent the RRI and we filed a response on 05/11.

I am in the same situation as yours. My case too got closed on 6th july.My lawyer was also waiting for final RRI and now the case is closed.Let me know whats's happening with your case now?I am still waiting to hear from DOL...:(

still hanging in there mj18

Case got closed sometime in april and the lawyers sent RR in May and have been waiting since then for BEC to take a look at these reports and adjudicate my case.

Have been in contact with our company's HR to help check with the attorney to follow up with BEC to reopen my case. Attorney mentioned that they contacted the analyst in BEC who takes request for reopening the case. I guess after that my case will be assigned to an analyst upon which i believe it will be adjudicated.

HR said she will have the attorney call BEC every month to find details about my case. Our company stand is we don't want to call them too often since it will overburden BEC and can jeopardize my case. My status is same since the last 2.5 months. Wish to get out of this hole soon :)

I have seen some cases in this forum being closed and reopened in 1 or 2 months or sooner. Every case is different. Don't loose hope and wish you luck.

I am in the same situation as yours. My case too got closed on 6th july.My lawyer was also waiting for final RRI and now the case is closed.Let me know whats's happening with your case now?I am still waiting to hear from DOL...:(

Case CLOSED. Freaking out: How to contact BEC?

One more in the boat..

EB2/ NON-RIR
July 2004
45 day letter reply/response April 2007
Recruitment Instructions recv'ed : April 2007, ad placed end od April
Recruitment Report from BEC: 12 May 2007
Filed back final report: 06 June 2007

CLOSED status as on 12 July 2007:

I mailed my attorneys and waiting for this night to be over.

Any directions are highly helpful.

I am having the same issue

My LC is also marked as closed at BEC website and I am working with my attroney to check why this is closed. It seems like there is no good way to find out the reason too. :(
Thanks

No idea

One more in the boat..

EB2/ NON-RIR
July 2004
45 day letter reply/response April 2007
Recruitment Instructions recv'ed : April 2007, ad placed end od April
Recruitment Report from BEC: 12 May 2007
Filed back final report: 06 June 2007

CLOSED status as on 12 July 2007:

I mailed my attorneys and waiting for this night to be over.

Any directions are highly helpful.

I mailed my attorney too and she contacted BEC.A lady there said that it was an administrative error and they will send the final recruitment report soon.....still waiting!!

Finally it made it ( A closed case) !!

Hello Friends (BEC Victims),

My lawyer notified last week that after submitting the newly signed forms, the BEC assigned a new case number to the application. The new case number is P-07xxx-xxxxx. According to the BEC website, the application has now been Certified! Also they received the certified LC.

My Labor went through long roller coaster ride, (thanks to BEC!).

I really appreciate all the support and experience shared by people in this forum. I spent hours and hours reading all the painful stories of BEC ruthlessness.
I wish everybody good luck to come out of this mess soon.

Thanks.

CASE CLOSED, Can't apply for H1 Ext

My case was closed on June 15th. BEC says that they did not receive my Recruitment results. My lawyer says they fedExed them before the date and have the proof. Anyway my lawyer urged them again to reopen the case and re FedEx ed all the papers. This was on June 25th. So far my online status still shows CLOSED. I am nearing my 7th year H1 expiration date and my lawyer says they cannot apply for my 8th year extension as my case is closed. I have only 4 months left on the 7th year.
If anybody is in the same situation and knows some way to get the extension or has any other way out then please advice.
thanks
NON-RIR EB3
PD:JUNE 2002
DALLAS BEC

Case still closed

My Case was closed erroneously by BEC stating that they had never received the RIR conversion document. My lawyer resent the request seven weeks ago and my case still appears as closed. It seems like they misplaced my request to reopen my case yet again as when I called PBEC, I was told that they have never received a request to reopen my case. This has been quite frustrating.

Here are my details

Priority- March 05
Request sent to convert case from TR to RIR
RIR Document sent March 26, 2007
Case close May 30th
Lawyer resent the paper work June 7th
Case is still close. It appears that PBEC lost or misplaced the document yet again:(

My case was closed on June 15th. BEC says that they did not receive my Recruitment results. My lawyer says they fedExed them before the date and have the proof. Anyway my lawyer urged them again to reopen the case and re FedEx ed all the papers. This was on June 25th. So far my online status still shows CLOSED. I am nearing my 7th year H1 expiration date and my lawyer says they cannot apply for my 8th year extension as my case is closed. I have only 4 months left on the 7th year.
If anybody is in the same situation and knows some way to get the extension or has any other way out then please advice.
thanks
NON-RIR EB3
DALLAS BEC

I hope your case will be reopen soon

according to my attorney's office you can still file for 1 year h-1 extension with old information
becuase they usually dont check with DOL office that is your case is close or open

thanks
NON-RIR EB3
DALLAS BEC

I hope your case will be reopen soon

according to my attorney's office you can still file for 1 year h-1 extension with old information
becuase they usually dont check with DOL office that is your case is close or open

Any closed case certified?

Is there anyone whose case was closed and send request to reopen the case to DBEC before June 21st 2007 got certified? My attorney tried calling DBEC but they are not that helpful. Basically they say that they have only one person working on the closed case and have a huge backlog to complete.

Mine is still closed. Have been waiting for PBEC to reopen my case from April'07. Waiting for the miracle to happen ...