Carnival cruise to Bahamas with valid H1B but expired visa stamping

krishsen

Hello

Asking for my friend who is in US with valid I-797 for H1B but visa stamping has expired in Indian Passport.

Planning to go for 4 days Carnival closed loop cruise from Jacksonville to Bahamas.

Can they allowed back to US? Will there be any issue for re-entering due to expired visa in their Indian passports? Will it be an entry in their I-94 for their cruise travel?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Senthil

Hello

Asking for my friend who is in US with valid I-797 for H1B but visa stamping has expired in Indian Passport.

Planning to go for 4 days Carnival closed loop cruise from Jacksonville to Bahamas.

Can they allowed back to US? Will there be any issue for re-entering due to expired visa in their Indian passports? Will it be an entry in their I-94 for their cruise travel?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Senthil
Hi Senthil.

Did you land up traveling? if so how was your re entry experience?

thank you in advance.

You probabily would not get a response from Senthil. It's almost an year since he logged on to these forums.
In my opinion, a valid I-797 should be ok.

The problem is that Automatic Revalidation for statuses other than F and J only apply to travel to Canada or Mexico. Only F and J status can use Automatic Revalidation to re-enter after travel to adjacent Caribbean islands. So if you can't use Automatic Revalidation, and if it counts as leaving and re-entering the country, you would need a valid visa.