Card production ordered

foret1

Registered Users (C)
wow i can't beleive it! i just got the following email from uscis:

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 27, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

i expected to first get an email saying case approved before card ordered. but this is the same right: card ordered means case approved? and if that is the case, i am confused as to why their email advises to register to get emails updates as they process the case?

does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the card once it's ordered? the reason i am asking is that i am moving on 12/31/06. don't know if that should be plenty of time to get the card or if i should notify them of the new address now?

i am so giddy/excited right now, and yet a bit afraid that i may be reading too much into this message...

within a week ..

foret1 said:

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On November 27, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

i expected to first get an email saying case approved before card ordered. but this is the same right: card ordered means case approved? and if that is the case, i am confused as to why their email advises to register to get emails updates as they process the case?

does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the card once it's ordered? the reason i am asking is that i am moving on 12/31/06. don't know if that should be plenty of time to get the card or if i should notify them of the new address now?

i am so giddy/excited right now, and yet a bit afraid that i may be reading too much into this message...

forte1,

Most people are receiving the physical card within a week of the notice. You should have it early December.

Congrats on your approval.

cheers,

saras

thanks!

thanks all for the wishes! anxiously waiting to get it to really beleive this is not a dream!!
wish you all the same miracle/surprise!!!

Why can't they cut and paste the same message in all our case status too......Oh wait, if they knew how to do that, we wouldn't be here !

Hi foret1!
I am a first time applicant, and I am applying for the EAD based on my L2 visa.
I just joined the group. I am in the same state as you. I got a mail saying "your card production has been ordered" on the 28th.
On the 30th, I got another mail saying that the approval notice has been mailed.
Any updates from your side after you got the mail?

your card is probably in your mail box by now...my green card arrived on saturday.
good luck to you!!!

rruvce said:
Hi foret1!
I am a first time applicant, and I am applying for the EAD based on my L2 visa.
I just joined the group. I am in the same state as you. I got a mail saying "your card production has been ordered" on the 28th.
On the 30th, I got another mail saying that the approval notice has been mailed.
Any updates from your side after you got the mail?

I just got exactly same message as you got.

I was very surprised to see this case update. 3 same emails saying that new card ordered. What does this means? Senator office told me today that VSC will transfer my case to local office. Hope this is true and this is the end of my journey. I filed I485 in March 05. EB2.

foret1 said: