Canedian Question for you

kumsur

Registered Users (C)
Dear Canedian,

I\'ve been reading responses from you regarding Canadian immigration. Seems like you know a lot about it. I have a question for you and would appreciate your answer. We are in US (Florida) right now. According to our landing papers we have to arrive in Canada by this August. My first question is (1) Can we request an extension for our required entry date even prior to landing there. If yes then what is the procedure for that. (2) Assuming that we have to go by this August, what is the other strategy to adopt to keep the valid landed immigrant status after returning to US. (3) How many days we realistically need to stay in Canada to complete all the formalities like SIN, Bank account, Driver\'s licence and Health Card. I have a friend in Toronto and I should be able to provide his mailing address for all the correspondence. (4) Is there any benefit to going by Road as opposed to flying directly into Canada.

Thanks very much for your response

No Title

Answers to your questions 1 and 2:
1] No.
2} You MUST land before the expiry date on your Landing papers. As per the current rules you can stay outside Canada for only 6 months in a calendar year. There is a new Bill C-11 which is not implemented yet which changes this requirement to a cumulative period of 2 out of every 5 years.

No Title

nadodi
when can we expect the Bill C-11 to be implemented approximately?
We have got our passport stamped as landed immigrants but we need to continue in US for some more time. We are planning to apply for RRP.
If this bill is implemented we can avoid RRP.

No Title

rana1982,
I tried to gather as much information as possible on this Bill. Here is the info from http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/chambus/house/status/status1-e.html
C-11(R) -- The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration -- An Act respecting immigration to Canada and the granting of refugee protection to persons who are displaced, persecuted or in danger

Introduced and read the first time -- February 21, 2001
Debated at second reading -- February 26 and 27, 2001
Order respecting the deferred recorded division -- February 27, 2001 (See Other Business No. 4)
Read the second time and referred to the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration -- February 27, 2001

I really don\'t know how the Bill gets passed in Canada. I am hoping that someone else can throw some light on this...or at least a time frame from the above status to passage of Bill. Hope this helps!

No Title

answer to Kamsur from CANEDIAN:
Kamsur,
I would be glad to answer all this questions but as other guys have written, that there is a bill in Canadian parliament that will change Canadian immigration laws.The purpose of this bill is keep the brightest people in Canada and tighten current refugee system. If this bill passes, Canadian landing immigrants will have to maintain residency 2 years out of 5 years.
If this bill passes before August, it can impact you and your family. Here is the reasoning behind.

(1) If this bill passes, you can go ahead and land in canada. You can come back in USA and can stay comfortably in USA for another atleast 21/2 years with thinking anything.
Thats why I advise you not to think anything what you will do in August. Just keep your finfgers croosed.

No Title

hi canedian
I want to immigrat to canada.
can you help me ??? can any one help me??? wait your reply
thank you

No Title

hi all.
i want to immigrate to canada.
can any one help me???
thank for all or you.

No Title

Message for Imad,
The reason most of us are in this forum is to help each other. Fortunately for me I have lived in Canada and in US for long time to know the immigration laws and regulations of both the countries.

So kindly please post your details and background to give you advice on Canadian immigration.

No Title

Dear Canadian,
I am in USA on H1 Visa and Can you please guide Me How to apply for Canadian PR? I have 5.5 years of Programming experiance and BSc in Computer Eng.
I really APRECIATE ANY HELP FROM YOU.

Please reply me to Pradeepw@hotmail.com
God Bless you

No Title

Dear Canadian,Interview question!!!
I have interview on APR 06,2001. What kind of questions generally
they ask,(Independent category). Please reply, thanks.

No Title

sample interview questions:
What is the reason to immigrate to Canada?
What would you be doing after immigrating to Canada?
Where you would be planning to Stay? How much money initially do you plan to take with you?
Any relatives in Canada?
If immigrating from USA, what is the reason leaving Unites States?

Learn little morte about Canada.Just answer the questions honestly.I heard interviews were very simple.

No Title

CANADIEN, CAN U GIVE ANY ADVICE ON THIS SITUATION. WHAT DO THINK ABOUT A CANADIAN PR RETURNING TO CAN AFTER STAYING IN USA FOR OVER A YEAR. WHAT IS THE SAFEST WAY TO GET BACK TO CANADA, WITHOUT GETING HASSELED BY IMMIGRATION OFFICERS

No Title

your best bet would be to buy a one way air ticket and fly.Fly either to Toronto or vancouver where there is large residents of immigrants.

No Title

Hi-

I applied for Canadian PR recently in April. The Consulate received it on April 17th. When can I expect the file number and the papers from here.

Thanks in advance

con_ink

No Title

Hi canediann, I am new visitor to this site and found your commnets very valuable .. I am planning to buy a return ticket (10 day stay in CA) .. will that be a problem ?