Cancellation of I-485

fast_gc_seeker

Registered Users (C)
Folks- I waited for long time and last week finally last months sent a letter to TSC to cancel my and wife's pending I-485.

Is this procedure correct?

ginnu

Registered Users (C)
I've alreadu returned back to India last year and have sent letter to TSC.

Is this the procedure to cancel 485?

You just write a letter to USCIS service center where your I-485 is pending. It is not cancellation of I-485; you need to withdraw the pending I-485. Write your name, Pending I-485 receipt#, your DOB, your A number that is on I-485 filing receipt notice on top of letter and make a request that you want to withdraw the pending I-485 and attach the copy of I-485 filing receipt. Write the date and sign the letter. Send the letter to USCIS where your I-485 is pending. Make copy of the letter after you sign the letter and keep the copy of the letter for your records.

GChopelost

Registered Users (C)
I feel as if I am struck by a lightning. First I lost my opportunity to get my labor cleared during July 2007 fiasco (my file was closed). Then this harsh reality which I am not able to digest. My EB3 PD June 2002 India. I calculated and found that total pending GCs before my date are 3815. How many GC are allocated to EB3 category to India per year. If from the numbers I feel it may take years then I will just return back to India.

Please reply