Canadian Visitor Visa for Parents - already have US Visitor visa (10yrs)

posit_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I hope you can help me.

My parents are coming to US in the month of April. They have a 10 yr US visa and this is their 2nd trip to the US. We intend to go to Niagara Falls in the month of June (end). At that time, my parents would like to visit Canada (Toronto) for a couple of days. I have a cousin there. I am on H1B but I am not going along.

1.) Will they be able to get Canadian Visitor Visa in the US (at Los Angeles consulate) ? Since they are coming in April and in India the processing takes two weeks which they dont have time for now.

2.) What documents are necessary - especially for "Proof of Funds" ? Will my bank statements suffice or do they need to carry their bank statements ?

3.) I will be booking them on GreyHound from Buffalo to Toronto and they will have their return tickets to India with them...do they need any other proof to show that they will come back ?

4.) What about their I-94 - will they have to give it up or should they hold it back ?

5.) Any other documents required for Visa or travel to Canada at POE ?

Please advise....will really appreciate it.

Thanks
posit_GC

Your parents should not have any problems obtaining a visitor visa to Canada. However there are chances that they might be asked to go for a medical examination. When I applied for a visitor visa for my mother she was asked to go for medical, which took approximately 3 months.

Your bankstatement would be sufficent. You can say that they would like to visit Toronto and Nigara Falls, and also visit your cousin. Make sure to get a letter from your cousin inviting your parensts to come and stay with him/her for couple of weeks.

If their travel will be less than 30 days, then no need to surrender the I-94.

They can get the Canadian visa from Delhi Canadian High Commission, same day. It is open Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am. They don't need no appointment for applying the visa there. They stamp the passport and give it back same day between 4 to 5 pm.

hey guys,

iam a canadian living in USA. My parents who hold a Indian passport got a US visitor visa for 1 year and they will bevisiting me here in usa. I would like to take my parents to canada. what is the procedure I would like to follow from my side..for applying visitor visa to my parents.

thanks advance,
raj

Canadian visa in Bombay

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the info. My parents stay in Bombay and the Canadian High Commission site in Delhi says that it will take 2 weeks to process the visa.
Is there a way to get the visa done through the Canadian High Commission in Bombay - they have a office in Makers Chambers in Bombay.
What about travel agents in india, anyone has experience with them ?

Why did the medicals take 3 months ? Did your mother have to do the medicals in US ? How much did that cost ?

Anagha.

Your parents cannot go to Bombay for visa issuance. The Canadian Consulate in Delhi is the only place where visitor/student/employment/immigrant visas are issued from.

Yes, my mother had to go to a phisician on th elist provided by the Consulate. This is something just like INS designated physician. It's been 3+years now, and I don't recollect the exact amout. I think it was something like $200 for medical exam and x-ray. The physician will send the medical report to the RMO Canada. You will have to keep calling the consulate every 20days to see if they have receivd the results from RMO Canada.

Medical Examination is not compulsory. Just be forewarned that the consular officer might request your parents to undergo one.