Canadian Visa - Arrest record in US

Athomas

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I hope some one can help me .

My wife have a charge pending against her for Domestic violence charges (To make it clear,she is being charged for violence against me) . The court date is in February. Presently,my wife wants to get a canadian travel visa as she wants to meet her parents in Canada( they have canadian GC). I understand that she will face problems while re-enetering US, as her finger printing will be produce a HIT.........

However, my first question is , will she be able to get a canadian visa if she choose to disclose or for some reason do not disclose the arrest record in visa application.Will the canadian embassy come to know about her arrest record in US? I beleive they do a security check for all people appying for visitors visa? Does any one has any knowledge of that??

My second question, does my kid ( 9 months old, US citizen) require a passport to travel to canada?? or a birth certificate will work for him.

I will appreciate if anyone can give some suggestion on this .

Thanks

However, my first question is , will she be able to get a canadian visa if she choose to disclose or for some reason do not disclose the arrest record in visa application.

-- She may or may not, depends upon the visa officer

Will the canadian embassy come to know about her arrest record in US?

-- Yes, They have access to US criminal records

I beleive they do a security check for all people appying for visitors visa?

--Yes

Does any one has any knowledge of that??

My second question, does my kid ( 9 months old, US citizen) require a passport to travel to canada?? or a birth certificate will work for him.

--For a visit, NO . Birth certificate is fine