Canadian TN holder- Wanting to visit Canada with U.S baby on extended Maternity leave

justpresh05

Hi
I'm a Canadian Citizen working in as a RN on a T.N visa. I had my child in the US this April. He has a U.S passport now.
I am currently on extended maternity leave. I had 12 weeks paid maternity leave/vacation. I;ve been approved for unpaid LOA until Septmeber 2018.

1.Will I run into problems at the border because my maternity leave has past 6 weeks? and Im not working? 2.Should I bring a letter stating that I'm planning to return to work for September?
3.Would I run into problems if my son is a U.S citizen and myself and husband are Canadian citizens?

Many thanks

Although it is not a violation of tn to be on employer approved leave, the expectation when tou cross back into US is that you are going to work, not 2 months leave. The letter doesn’t really help you. Simply say that you have been on leave and are still employed. Bring your work badge.
But even if you are rejected they are not going to take away your child - who is cdn as well btw - because they aren’t going to detain you.