Canadian TN at U.S./Mexico POE

Marinoni

Have any of you Canadians applied for a TN at a southern POE? I'm changing employers. I was going to call the POE on the U.S./Mexico border to ask, but would like some feedback based on actual experiences if possible.

So, I read another post that sort of answered my question. I also called the POE in Nogales, very friendly, said no problem in doing the I-94, just need to make sure they agree with my paperwork. Have to call them back and ask what happens if they were to refuse my paperwork. Does that leave me stuck in Mexico?

Every POE is capable of processing TN visa applications.
Just make sure the POE makes sense. Border agents get unhappy if they feel you are port-shopping.
Theoretically you could be stranded in Mexico, I would expect you'd be permitted entry as a tourist however.

Thanks grant2. No, I'm not port-shopping. Nogales is the closest to me. I'll be turning in an I-94 applying for a new TN/I-94 for a new employer so I'll remain optimistic that things will go smoothly. I've had 4 TN's in my life, 2 went smooth and 2 were a bit rough because the officer wasn't familiar with my particular NAFTA job title.

Mission accomplished. The Nogales POE was very quick other than the near 2 hour wait to reenter the US. The CBP officer was much friendlier than they were in the North...maybe more sunshine. Anyways, took less than 15 minutes.