Canadian Teacher moving to Evanston IL

Tamaraz

Hi,

My husband is starting grad school at NU in Evanston, IL. I have already secured a job with a Jewish high school. I am a certified high school teacher in Ontario, Canada.

My husnabd has his F1 visa already, but I didnt get an F2 because then I cannot work.

I was told, through NAFTA I can work as a teacher in the US, without converting my degree or anything, and that it is a simple process. Is this true ?

Can someone also please tell me what forms I need to fill out, and where I get them. As well, is there any other pertinent info?

Thanks.

Your move to the USA to Canada

Tamaraz, I just moved from US to Canada. I have a US car, and realized it will cost me a lot to convert to a Canadian car. Given that you're moving to the US and intend to work, you will certainly need a car for yourself (unlike Canada, in the US you almost certainly need to have a car if you have to work).

And if you were to take a Canadian car into the US, you will have to face the similar hassel and costs to make it a USA car as I'm facing in Canada. You're better off buying a used car with US registration. Let me know if you're interested. I have a 1998 Nissan Sentra, bought it new, it has never been in any accidents, and is excellent condition.