Canadian PR reapplying B2 Visa after denial

shakeyy

Banned
Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask about US Visit Visa. I'm landed Permanent Resident of Canada.

I applied last November for a visit visa and was denied due to 214b. I'm was a Canadian PR (5 months landed immigrant at that time) It was my 1st month at my job as a dayhome director and I had a bf in Orlando back then which I am visiting ( I declared I am visiting him in my application)

I'm 26, has sisters and parents in Canada.

Last january, I landed in a better job which changed my career significantly, now work in the IT Department of a Canadian-owned oil and gas company, earning twice as much as I used to earn in the dayhome. I wish to reapply again on June (hitting my 1st year mark in Canada on June) and it's like 7 months after my initial application.

Do you think I should wait a little longer? I'm still together with my boyfriend, and my purpose of visiting this time is I'll be in Ohio for 4 days to be a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding in August, and I wish to visit my bf for a few days as well.

Do I stand a chance even tho i had a refusal and they know i have a bf there? I don't know how to prove my point that I'm not going to abandon my career in Canada and stay illegaly in the US.. I'm young and I've just started my career in this oil and gas company, I wouldn't risk giving it up and move to the US

My bf and I just wish to visit each other frequently as often as we can. He visited me 3x in the past 6 months already/.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, by all means re-apply in June. Your chances will be much better then. You were "too fresh" an immigrant to Canada when you last applied. Having spent close to a year in Canada will work for you, not against you.

Do you think I should wait a little longer?
Do I stand a chance even tho i had a refusal and they know i have a bf there?

Yes, by all means re-apply in June. Your chances will be much better then. You were "too fresh" an immigrant to Canada when you last applied. Having spent close to a year in Canada will work for you, not against you.

Hi Triple Citizen,

What bindings do I need to show except for my better employment and longer stay?

I do own a car though, and renting a basement. That's just basically it?

Help please

Thank you