Canadian PR Interview at NY or anywhere in USA Tracker

rajksharma

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have got an interview call for Candian PR. Could you, please explain your experience or knowledge regarding interview like duration of interview and what kinds of questions they can ask?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

My interview experience at NY

Successful Canadian Immigration Interview from NY, USA.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Raj,

I visited Canadian Embassy on march 9, 2002. New York for interview for Permanent Residensy. I applied from USA. It takes total 6 months to get Interview letter once you get file#, and after that 3 more months to finish interview. Total 9 months.

Canadian embassy is located at Ground floor in RockerFeller Building. Between 49th and 50th st, 6th Avenue.

My Interview was arranged at 1:30 PM. I reached there at 12:30 noon. It was lunch break there. So, Embassy was closed.

We went to Burger King, same floor(basement). We reached there 1:15 PM.

There was a Queue. I joined in Queue. But, for Immigration Interviews guys have to make another Queue. If there is only 1 Queue, then ask Security Guy that you came for Per. Immigration Interview. So, he will let you allow to make new line. It was open again at 1:30 PM.

At 1:30, all Permanent Immigration(PI) Interview guys were called first. You have to keep your Interview invitation letter in your hand.

At first check point, they will keep your Cell phone with them, and give you token(to collect your cell pohone later). You have pass the metal detector(Like at airport).

At second check point, they will give you some # in small chit. For Eg. 'P-101'. Then, you(and your dependents) have to take seat in waiting area.

After 10 minutes, They will call your # on speaker. and instruct you to submit Interview letter to Cabin # 3. Where they will verify your name and application.(It is 2 minutes procedure). then you will sit back to your seat in waiting area.

After 10 minutes, or turn by turn, they will call your # (i.e. 'P-101') on speaker, go to cabin # 8. I think, there are #7, #8, #9, #10 cabins are provided to face interview.

Now, you alone will go to cabin # 8.(Your dependents are sitting at waiting area). Immigration officer will be waiting inside with covered glass cabin. He/she will tell you to sit on opposite chair and close the door.

Keep all of your paper/documents ready in ceratin order. So, on demand, you can show them immidiately.

You both will introduce by your names. Interviewer has all documents, what you sent to Canadian embassy so far. Now, questions will be asked by interviewer.

1. On what visa you are in USA ?
2. Show me your visa paper ?
3. Are you currently working in USA ?
4. How long you been in USA ?
5. Who is your current Employer ? any proof (Employee
verification letter or latest pay stub) ?
6. Who was your past employers in USA ? any proof
(Experience letter, Pay stub, Appointment letter etc.) ?
7. Where are you staying now in USA?
8. Where are your dependent now ? (waiting in lounge)
9. What degrees do you have ? (PhD, Master, Bachelor etc)
10. Show me Degree certificate and Marksheets of all(
Master, Bachelor etc.)
11. Show me latest bank statements(To keep Last 6 months
is recommonend)
12. Once you move to Canada, how much money/asset will be
with you ?
(Show Car papers, House papers, Bank Papers, Jwellery
Papers)
13. Is your spouse working in USA currently ?
14. What is your, spouce's and children's mother tounge ?
15. Which country's citizenship do you have ?
16. Show me your(and dependents) passports.
17. where are your parents right now ?
18. Have you been to Canada ? If yes, on what visa ?
19. Is there any of your relative in USA ?
20. Is there any of your relative in Canada ?
21. Once you will go to Canada, what city will you hit first ?

Interviewer will ask you some questions about your criminal records in past,

After asking all these questions, he/she will take your signatures, and then your spouse's signatures on 2 different papers.

then, he/she will give you 1 book 'Introduction to Canadan' and related paper. As you know, your medical is valid for certain time(normally 1 year, but sometime, interview is delayed it can be reduced by month or 2). You have to enter in Canada before any of (your and dependents) medical validity finishes.

If you have not submitted Landing fees, you have to submit there OR Later. then only, you will get visa papers.

It is recommended to do medical, once you get interview call letter. It takes almost 2 months to reach the medical test information to Immigration officer(Interviewer).

Due to certain reasons, your visa can be delayed in interview.
eg. If there is very less time left in medical validity, then
Immigration Office may ask you to do Medical again.
eg. If your FBI finger prints are not reached there, it can
delay your visa.
eg. If you have not submitted Landin Fee for you and
dependents.

Once, your application is approved by Immigration Officer, Officer will tell you same time. You will have to do rest correspondence through mails.
---

I have received my landing papers 10 days back(August end). It was delayed because of our wrong pictures(they need white background passport size photographs).

I am planning to land in Canada in 15 days.

Best luck...

Thanks Shah

Thanks for your reply. This info is really going to help me alot. They have waived interview for my couple of friends but I don't know why they called me to attend interview even though I have more than 8 years IT experience with B.Tech, MBA and PhD.

Do you have any idea?

Raj

So many reasons for Interview.

1. From where you apply ? India or USA ?
I applied from India, then moved to USA. So, I transfer my application to USA and they asked me for up-to-date application.
Meanwhile I got married, and had child. May be that is the reason for you?

2. Documentation ?
If you have applied by yourself. So, sometime, lack of documentation. then they may call you for interview.

3. Less fund ?? Less points ?? Married after filing for yourself ???

Well, it can be any reason.
Hey Raj, 1 question for you. Is any of your friend landed in Canada ? Can I have their contact emails ???

I am planning to land in 15 days. I need some info.

Thanks Again Shah

I applied from USA and prepared application myself. My two friends got interview waiver but still waiting for Landing Papers. I will ask my friends if they know someone then I will let you know.

Best of Luck for your landing in Canada and thanks again for your replies.

Raj