Canadian Pr In Usa Wants To Work In Usa!

GERALD

Registered Users (C)
DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE PROCEEDURES FOR A CANADIAN PR TO WORK IN THE USA. WHAT DOES ONE HAVE TO DO.

No Title

You will have to take H-1B visa to work in US. TN Visa is meant only for Canadian Citizens who wants to work in US.

No Title

The above person is absolutely right.You have to work in H1B if you are a landing immigrant (PR) in canada. My recommendation is to wait for citizenship and then work with TN visa. I have done that and I can shed some light if you want.

No Title

hi madrasi , it would be nice if u can shed some light. i am already in usa and have been here 1 year now so please if u can how do i get started with the H1B visa. Or let me now how u got your TN visa?
                               Thank u GERALD

No Title

hello gerald,
For a canadian citizen getting TN1 is less time consuming and a quicker way to work in US.I had done that and then changed to H1B to get 3 more years. In TN, you need to renew every year which is a risk.
There are few job categories in TN if you apply as a computer professional like computer system analyst, management consultant, etc.
For both of these categories, BS is required in computer science or related field.
The process for TN or H1B is very easy if you are qualified. Please let me know your status in US or your status in canada, your academic qualifications and your specific areas of job interest. This would help me to advise specific rather than generic.

No Title

MADRASI, I AM A CANADIAN PR. HAVE BEEN IN USA FOR 1 YR. DONT HAVE A BS BUT EQUIVALENT IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING.

No Title

Dear Mr Gerald,
Since you are a landing immigrant of Canada, you have to work in US with H1B status. Only citizens of Canada can work in US with TN(Trade Nafta) visa.
You best bet would be to maintain your landing status for 3 years and getting your canadian citizenship. After that moving to US would be very easy. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

No Title

Hello Gerald,
You earlier asked how to start the process of H1B. You need to have a job offer and your company would sponser for your H1B. Most of the companies have their own lawyer and they would take care of it. Some do,nt and they will ask you to handle it. In this case if you do not have a good lawyer, you can let me know and I can recommend you to my lawyer.

No Title

Hi Madrasi,
I want a big advice from you. I have my landed paper expiring in Feb 2001. I am on H4 and my husband on H1. We applied for PR in Nov.1999. Subsequently my husband got a good and secured job and the current employer is going to start his GC. I have 2 boys one in high school and doing very well. We want to maintain the PR.
We have 2 options: 1) Land in Canada and apply for returning resident permit or 2) Write a letter to Canadian INS to extend our time limit.
What do you suggest?
We plan to land in Vancouver as we live in Seattle. Can the formalities of SS, health card etc. get over in 4 days as my children and husband have to return.Ofcourse we can visit many times in between as it is just 3 hours drive from our place.Can we give our Seattle address for correspondence or have we to give a local addess? How soon should we apply for returning resident permit? Can we wait for few months after we land and return.
What is the best reason we can give in the application for returning resident? How many months/years do they allow us to stay out of Canada?
Kindly advice

No Title

Dear Madrasi:

I am a Canadian Citizen and have been working in US for last two years on H1B1. You know, with H1B1 you can not change the employer with out having another H1B1 approval. What happens with TN visa? Can you change your job if you are offered a better one?

Other question: Can you apply for Green card while living / working in US on TN visa? Where do you go for this TN Visa?

I am a Marine / Mechanical engineer with BS in both fields. I also have few other qualifications to support my visa requirements

It seems to me that you are a kind of person ready to help others.

AR.

No Title

TN is applicable for a particular employer just like H1B. So if you change jobs in TN, you need to file another TN through the new employer.
Yes, you can be in TN all throughout the process of your permanent residence. But this does not make any sense. Because US green card process takes at least take 2-4 years for canadian citizens depending on where you work. In the mean time you have to renew your TN status every year. I have seen that US immigrations denied after 2 renewals.
Do,nt ask me why?
Since you are in H1B, going to TN makes sense only if you are planning to change jobs. Lots of employer prefer to hire in TN rather than H1B because of the waiting period in H1B.

I hope this helps .

No Title

i am a new canadian citizen. i have a US job offer but i do not qualify for TN visa. i am
waiting for H 1B AND STILL NOT RECEIVED MY EAC number. been 2 months now but
 lawyer says i will get it any day now. how long more can i expect the wait to be until i get
final visa? email me at niyamb@hotmail.com

No Title

Hi Rana
You have to apply for SIN at HRDC office, for that you simply need your passport and landed immigrant paper and your SIN card will come in with three weaks time by post(you have to provide address in Canada).You can apply for your health card any time but you are covered only after the completion of three months and you will get the card one weak prior the three months are completed.
As a permanent resident one can stay outside canada no longer than 180 days.But if you apply for RRP they will allow you for 1year and in some cases they may extend returning resident permit upto 24 months.
Indu

No Title

Hi Indu,
What happens if I don\'t give a Canadian address for SIN card? Can we not give our US address? We are going to apply for RRP after we get the stamping?
What happens if we don\'t apply for SIN card? Please reply as we are planning to visit Canada very soon.

No Title

Hi Rana
You have to give your Canadian address for your SIN card because they need a proof of your residense in canada.SIN is the Same as SSN in USA,means its your Identification number which you be required to fill up in all the further documents of Revenue canada/Immigration matters/Bank accounts etc.
You can apply for RRP after getting stamped but it depends whether you get it or not.And the time of RRP in not included in you 3year PR status.
Indu

No Title

H1 multiple with Canadian PR.
I am on H1 multiple and i am going to canada to get my PR stamped and my wife is on H1(single), would there be any problem if we try to get my wife\'s H1 stamped in canada when we are there, what about the I-94,
what would we need to do if the multiple is rejected. Would there be any problem when coming to US after getting Canadaian PR.

No Title

H1 multiple with Canadian PR.
I am on H1 multiple and i am going to canada to get my PR stamped and my wife is on H1(single), would there be any problem if we try to get my wife\'s H1 stamped in canada when we are there, what about the I-94,
what would we need to do if the multiple is rejected. Would there be any problem when coming to US after getting Canadaian PR.

i am having a canadian PR and now i have got job offer from a flight school in san antanio as a flight instructor and currently i have got commercial pilot license and flight instructor rating so please can anyone guide me what should i do to migrate to USA?..and if i need H1 visa than is this qualification eligible for it?

thanx..

Sohil Patel

No Title

The above person is absolutely right.You have to work in H1B if you are a landing immigrant (PR) in canada. My recommendation is to wait for citizenship and then work with TN visa. I have done that and I can shed some light if you want.

Hi Canadian
I am PR in Alberta Canada while my husband is Canadian citizen
I am a physiotherapist and he is in bank
So what are the options To relocate to USA does our job qualify
Please give some opinion