Canadian Permanant Residence

Hrishikesh

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone has cancelled their canadian permanant residence after receiving their US GC? I have received the immigrant visa and landing papers, but haven't landed yet. I came to know that if I dont land, I can get the landing fees back. Is that true?

If, yes what was the procedure for the same. Thanks

Regards,
Rishi

Hrishikesh said:
Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone has cancelled their canadian permanant residence after receiving their US GC? I have received the immigrant visa and landing papers, but haven't landed yet. I came to know that if I dont land, I can get the landing fees back.
Is that true?
--------- True, it will take 2-3 months to get your ROLF back
If, yes what was the procedure for the same.
---------- write to Buffalo with certified return reciept and inform them that your are not intrested in Landing in Canada or not intrested in becoming Canada permanent resident, send the copy of passport pages, File# PR visa stamping page and other info. send the info through FAX also they have Fax# and if you dont know try to find from other Canada related threads.
** I think you can get the ROLF back only if you write to them BEFORE the PR Visa expire.
Thanks

Regards,
Rishi

I sent them a fax requesting to return ROLF and they responded back asking me send my passports in mail. Only after that will they refund ROLF.

Is this request to send our passports in mail normal?

Thanks guys

Thanks for ur responses guys. I think the request should be enough. Also, what exactly would they need the passports for? Did they specify anything? May be they just need to stamp a "cancelled" stamp on the visa..not sure. Have you sent them the passports yet and what was the response. Please let me know.

Ginnu - Have you actually done this? Or do you know anyone who has done this? Thanks again

Regards,
Rishi

hi, i wrote to them and sent the approved PR papers and they refuned the landing fee to me.. i did not send passports..

thanks rock

Thats good news. I was a little hesitant to send the passports. I will write to them and send the PR papers along with the letter and copies of the visa page on the passport. Shall update the link when I get any response. Thanks for all the help guys.

Rishi