Canadian in USA driving to Peace Bridge for TN1 then returning to USA

violen

Does anyone have recent experience of driving to the Peace Bridge POE, and being allowed to turn around to apply for the TN1 as a nonessential worker, being granted the TN and allowed to return to the USA?

im in the same shoes, i am working in NYC but changing employer, wondering if i can make a U turn at peace/rainbow bridge and get my new TN...

Years ago I use to go through Canadian Customs, get off the first exit and head right back to US Immigration for renewal (essentially a new application). More recently I simply make a u turn on the Peace Bridge or just before Canadian Customs and go right back to the US Border lines, then get sent inside and wait for processing. They don't even ask how long you were in Canada. Not sure if we can still do this with Covid still going on. I have the same issue looking forward for next renewal, don't want to cross into Canada where they slap a 14 day quarantine on you.

Just so we are clear, even if one crosses (round the flagpole or longer) into Canada, one does not need to quarantine in canada if not staying there. One may need to quarantine in their home state however once returning. Another thread even tells of a note that is given the person to give to US customs on way back to avoid any quarantine,