Canadian company sending employee for one-off job in the USA


New Member
Hey all,

Newbie here. Canadian company who hosts virtual events needs to send one of their employees to the USA. They were hired by a USA company to put on an event and the US company wants to have at least one person on-site to ensure there are no glitches etc., during the event. The employee works for the Canadian company is paid by them. Does this employee need a visa to enter just for this one-off event? Canadians generally do not need a visa to enter the USA but is this different? If so, would this be something that would be issued at the border or does this need to be applied for in advance?



Well-Known Member
This sounds like it could be B1 (business visitor) status, so as a Canadian citizen you should just be able to enter with just your passport.