Canadian citizen - moving to the US to study


New Member
I will be eligible for my Canadian citizenship in March 2024 and will be pursuing masters in US for the fall 2024 intake. Do I have to get the F1 student visa stamped on the Indian passport (as the Canadian passport will take some time for processing)? If yes, do I need to go to India to get the F1 visa stamped or can get it from a US consulate in Canada? Thank you
If you are not a Canadian citizen (i.e. haven't taken the oath) at that time yet, you will need to get an F1 visa on your Indian passport. You can go to a US consulate in Canada to get it. If you have already become a Canadian citizen, you will have to use your Canadian passport and you do not need a visa.