Canadian Citizen - Going to Texas border to get TN?

snehatest

I am a Canadian Citizen working in Texas on TN. But I got layoff in Nov 2020 and I have applied H4 and H4 EAD based on my spouse H1B. My H4 and H4 EAD is in pending status. I got a job offer to join ASAP. Can I go to Mexico border and get the TN? Or we need to go to only Canada Border to get TN?

Recently Is any Canadian Citizen went to Mexico border (From Texas) for the TN?

Thanks
SN

Thanks Nelsona. I went to Laredo TX for the TN and I got the TN for 3 years with no issues.
Hi snehatest,

can you share some details? did you go there on weekday? do you need to cross the bridge? how long it takes to get TN?

Thank you.

Hi snehatest,

can you share some details? did you go there on weekday? do you need to cross the bridge? how long it takes to get TN?

Thank you.
Yes we went on Weekday around 10am. We crossed the bridge and took u turn, but it took almost two hours in the queue to reach the immigration officer. so many cards waiting in the queue. Once entered into the building no waiting. it took 20 min.

Yes we went on Weekday around 10am. We crossed the bridge and took u turn, but it took almost two hours in the queue to reach the immigration officer. so many cards waiting in the queue. Once entered into the building no waiting. it took 20 min.
thanks! you mean you have to enter the MEX boarder then u-turn? cause I read a post that you can u-turn in the middle of the bridge.
just want to clarify.