Canadian citizen change status from H4 to F1 (student visa ) on border


Registered Users (C)
My daughter is Canadian citizen holding Canadian valid passport needs to change her status from H4 ( H4 valid till Sept'2021 ) to F1 Visa.
She is thinking to go on border and change her status , what documents she needs to present on border ?
Can she go alone on border and change her status or parents needs to go with her ? Please let me know. Thanks,


Well-Known Member
She would present her I-20 at the US port of entry, and she should be admitted into F1 status.


New Member
Hi bhalderia, which border are you planning to go? US/Canada or US/Mexico? My son is currently on TD and plan to get F1 status in the summer.