Canadian benefits....

jacob Vergese

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

1. I am a programmer currently in India and I am looking to move to Canada on a PR. I was told after one receives a PR, one has to show a bank balance of $10,000. I was also told that incase I dont find a job/lose a job after the 6 months period, I would be provided for by the state(if they do, for how long?). Is that true ?

2. Is there a way of applying directly to Canada, without an agent(they charge around Rs. 60,000/person + 10,000 for additional members)from India ?. If so could anyone direct me on how to go about it.

Thanks in advance,
JP

No Title

1. Do not go through any agent. It is waste of money. The procedure is straight forward one and as software person you should not have any problem getting immigration visa.

2. Yes Govt. is supposed to support you after 6 months. But you would not want to do that. Basically that is meant for poor people. Once you start taking that kind of help, it may haunt you all your life. You will have problem opening a bank account. But as software person(if you really have good programming experience) you will not have any problem getting a job.