canada stamping - duration

starfish

Registered Users (C)
I booked an appointment with us consulate in vancouver, canada. At last step I received following message --

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
URGENT: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL H, L, O, AND P APPLICANTS
Date Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2007

-------------------------
All consular posts must electronically confirm all Non-Immigrant Visa petitions petitions prior to visa issuance.

This will affect applicants for H, L, O and P visas. This process may take an additional 2 to 3 workdays, creating a minimum 4 workday turnaround for such applicants. This confirmation is beyond our control and cannot be waived. Any petition based, otherwise qualified NIV applicant should be prepared to wait 4 workdays in Canada to receive his or her visaed passport.

We are looking at ways to reduce the expected 4 workday turnaround. U.S. based non-immigrant visa applicants seeking to apply for an NIV are strongly advised to consider applying in their home country.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean I need to wait 4 days to get my passport back from us consulate in canada? Any way to reduce the delay? Any idea on the time its taking to get passport currently?? Is this related to security checks or something else? the delay is for everyone or its random for few ppl?

please respond fast, my appoinment is on 22Jan.. hence need to figure it out soon!

Thanks!

I think you need to wait. They added extra process to visa issuance procedure last November.