Canada PR - Vancouver Landing - Comeback to US on expired I-94

imcan2006

I am currently on my 8th Year H1B VISA extension. My I - 94(white card in the passport) and and VISA Stamping was expired on Sep 15, 2005. But I have a valid I-797 which is valid until Sep15, 2006.
I recently got my Canadian landing documents and one time entry landing VISA to Canada. I am planning to land in Feb 3rd week, 2006 at Vancouver.
After my landing process in Canada:
1. Can I come back to USA with VALID I-797 and an expired I-94 (White card in the passport)?
2. I have made an appointment with US Consulate in Vancouver, Canada for H1B Stamping. Appointment schedules in Last week of Feb, 2006.
Can I come back to USA with out stamping done, i.e day after the Canada landing?
3. If the US Immigration doesn't allow me to come to USA with a valid I-797, will I be still eligible to for my previously scheduled H1B Stamping appointment.

(Just a note: My wife is also accompanying me along during this process. She is currently in her 6 1/2 month pregnancy.

Experts: Kindly advice what is the ideal way of handling the situation. I am really tensed up! Please help........

Canadian Landing and re-entry

icam2006,

I have been surfing alot on various sites and the main summary is as below. On returning back there are 2 options:

1. Go get the new visa stamped at the consulate and cross the border
2. use "Automatic Revalidation" at the POE as you have a valid I-797 and attached I-94

Various folks have had good and bad experiences. I guess it all boils down to that day.

I have left you a mail form this site. Since I have a similar situation and plan to go for the Landing in March as I am still awaiting for my PP from Buffalo I would really like compare notes.

Kali

Automatic Revalidation after Landing.

My situation is different.

I have completed 6 years in H1B. My stamped visa on the passport expired on March 2005. I have a valid visa till Nov 2006. I am planning to land in July / Aug, 2006. I am not sure if revalidation would work. Once you land do the POE folks consider you as landed immigrant and so determine that you need visa to re-enter?

Any help is appreciated... Please. I am totally out of ideas and running out of time too.

Thanks
cangc2006.

Last edited by a moderator: