Canada PR - US GC Consular Processing

EmKaGC

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,
I need advise on my case. I'm Indian citizen, have been working on H1 in US since 2000. Applied for my LCA in Oct, 2002 (EB2). Applied 140 an 485 in Aug, 2004. 140 approved in Apr 2005. Since then I've been waiting for my GC with 5 renewals of EAD and AP.
Applied Canadian PR in 2007 and got approval this year. Got the stamping in June 2009. Have validity till Nov 2009. Have two questions here.
1. Can I go Canada, complete the landing process and come back (have a valid AP)? I'll have one more year from then to go and start life again. Will there be any issues while coming back? Have anyone faced any issues at port of entry?
2. If my GC is still pending for few more months and after becoming Canadian PR and started living there, can I change my case from 485 to Consular processing from Canada? Or consular processing can be done only from country of birth?
Please provide answers and experiences. I'm sure many people might have been in this situation.
Any help will be higly appreciates.
Best Regards.

Thank you speedyGonzales,
Appreciate it. So, I can go and get the stamping done and come back on AP. Probably will plan for that.
I'm interested in knowing the procedure for CP too. If you can tell me any hard steps that one has faced, it will be helpful for me. I can talk to the concerned people and start gathering required documents accordingly.