Canada - Documents Checklist

rajeshkamisetty

Registered Users (C)
What documents are MUST? (please mention whether original or copy)

And what other documents are Required?

What if my employer has not been able to send "Employment Letter" in original intime? I am still waiting for my "priority mail". One day to go to canada. Can I take a print of the soft copy that my HR has sent?

Thanks for your help.

checklist for ones going from F1 to H1

Passport, I-94

Photos - 1 (2"X2")

$100 (Visa appointment fees) & $50 (Visa approval fees)

(Way of payment (DD OR CASH) depends on the consulate requirements you
are attending)

Visa Appoinmnet Letter

I-797 (H1 Document)

DS-156 (Fill online)

DS-157, DS-158 (Compleated)

(you can get these forms in http://amcits.com/ds-157.asp)

I-129 Pettition

LCA (Labor Candidate Application)

Employer letter

Pay stubs (all latest paystubs)

W-2 forms (2003,2004,2005)

Original MS Transcripts

Degree Certificate

Resume

BankStatements (atleast last 6 months)

Got H1 Visa (no need of original Employment Letter) at Toronto

San,
Thanks for the reply.

Here is the information that I wish I had known before:

At Toronto, we need $100 Deposit Slip (like D.D) given by Scotia Bank. It doesn't accept cash.

At Toronto, US Consulate accepts a fax copy/printout of signed Employment Letter. I couldn't receive the original intime and was worried. After calling up the consulate, they assured me that a copy of signed employment letter is sufficient. Infact during my interview, the consular officer didn't look at any of the documents I have taken (apart from asking for DS 156, DS157, Deposit Slip, 2X2 Photo and Passport).

It was very very cold during my trip (March), I didn't prepare well and got cold & fever now.

I had good trip overall. I went to the famous 5* Dhaba in downtown (king st). Niagara Falls looked like drainage canal (light brown water)!!.

I wish I should have taken the trip in May/Jun instead of Mar.

That's about it.

Bye

Hi! Rajaesh- Could you please post some details?..like what questions VO asked you etc etc. When did you get your passport back?
Was this your first time or you have been to Toronto before.
How is the overall situation of visa stamping in Toronto, are there many rejections or many approvals..I mean the trend. We will appreciate if you respond with details.

DS-157 is required for older then 45 yrs applicant?

If the applicant is more then 45 yr old. To be exact 45 yrs and 4 months does s/he need to fill in DS-157 form?