Can you submit AC-21 while stamping for GC?

rk4gc

Registered Users (C)
My friend got approved last week. I think his RD is in mid 2002, dont know exactly. He changed his job after 180 days on I-485 and never submitted AC21 as he thought he can submit it if he gets an RFE. But he is approved without an RFE.

He is saying he is going to submit AC-21 letter when he goes for GC stamping. And he told me few of his friends successfully did the same recently. I wonder any of the forum members did that. If so please post your experience.

rk4gc said:
My friend got approved last week. I think his RD is in mid 2002, dont know exactly. He changed his job after 180 days on I-485 and never submitted AC21 as he thought he can submit it if he gets an RFE. But he is approved without an RFE.

He is saying he is going to submit AC-21 letter when he goes for GC stamping. And he told me few of his friends successfully did the same recently. I wonder any of the forum members did that. If so please post your experience.
----- I dont know if you can use AC21 at the time of stamping, I have read that AC21 has to be used before I-485 approval But many used AC21 when the file got transfred to local office for Interview and at the time of Interview they provided the new employer letter and used AC21. I know one case that was transfred to local office for interview and the person could have used AC21 but he got new I-140 approved through new employer he provided the New I-140 copy and requested that his I-485 should be approved on the base of new I-140, so he substitued the new I-140 with pending I-485 and case was approved for new employer

Carry the AC21 papers with you when you go for stamping. Generally no questions are asked- and you will not need to submit any papers- you will get stamped and be done.

Don't complicate your case.

as far as I know when you go for stamping all they ask for is your
I-485 approval notice,
after considering everything your case was approved,
now why you want to complicate yourself,

this is my opinion - its better to consult an immig. attorney as well

good luck in your pp stamping

dyt1 said:
as far as I know when you go for stamping all they ask for is your
I-485 approval notice,
after considering everything your case was approved,
now why you want to complicate yourself,

this is my opinion - its better to consult an immig. attorney as well

good luck in your pp stamping

Yes I agree with that. People sacred of informing because they think there will be local transfer. But to tell you from my own experience (Around 20 AC-21 Cases in last one year from my Ex-company every one informed about the job change. There was only one RFE no Transfer) nothing will happen.
AC-21 just expect you to inform before the approval but not mandatory. If he is not informing then also he is using AC-21 but without informing the BCIS. It should not create problems. Moreover if you want to inform better inform before the approval.

tammy2 said:
Yes I agree with that. People sacred of informing because they think there will be local transfer. But to tell you from my own experience (Around 20 AC-21 Cases in last one year from my Ex-company every one informed about the job change. There was only one RFE no Transfer) nothing will happen.
AC-21 just expect you to inform before the approval but not mandatory.

If he is not informing then also he is using AC-21 but without informing the BCIS.
It should not create problems. Moreover if you want to inform better inform before the approval.
"If he is not informing then also he is using AC-21 but without informing the BCIS."
----- he will NOT be using AC21 if he does not inform USCIS before I-485 approval, his I-485 will be approved for Orignal employer who filed I-140 becase USCIS has not recieved any new employer letter to use AC21

ginnu said:
"If he is not informing then also he is using AC-21 but without informing the BCIS."
----- he will NOT be using AC21 if he does not inform USCIS before I-485 approval, his I-485 will be approved for Orignal employer who filed I-140 becase USCIS has not recieved any new employer letter to use AC21
I think it is changing the Job is exercising AC-21. Informing is just formality. BCIS expects us to inform the change of job But not mandatory.

tammy2 said:
I think it is changing the Job is exercising AC-21.
---NOT just changing the job, new job has to be same/similar and future permanenent job offer letter from new employer is needed to use AC21
Informing is just formality. BCIS expects us to inform the change of job But not mandatory.
---if one does not inform or if USCIS does not send RFE and approves the I-485 then it is FOR Original Sponsor WHO filed I-140 and whose letter for future permanent job offer was base of I-485 approval
---He did not inform that he changed employer, did not sent new employer letter to use AC21 to and USCIS has approved his I-485 for the employer who filed I-140 becase USCIS had the same employer letter with I-485 and not a letter from New employer

to ginnu & others

here's the case:
A person was laid off on 15th of May, I485 pending was over 180 days.
I485 was approved on 15th of June. Got a new job , same as that in LC including salary and job description, joined new company on 25th of July.
The GC is valid or invalid?

aqaqaqaq said:
here's the case:

A person was laid off on 15th of May, I485 pending was over 180 days.

I485 was approved on 15th of June.
Got a new job , same as that in LC including salary and job description, joined new company on 25th of July.
The GC is valid or invalid?

-----GC is valid, he should keep the "laid off on 15th of May" letter with him till he apply citizenship or get a letter from past company that they dont have job for him and keep that letter with you